UKC

Kyloe In Tree Felling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Franco Cookson 24 Jan 2019

There is felling taking place at the moment at Kyloe. Scottish Woodlands have been in touch. They've been really good with allowing access over the last year or so and have asked me to pass on this message. As always, be friendly and pass on any information on interactions you have to me or Steve Blake if you think they contradict the current situation. Thanks:

"Whilst I am not proposing that access be halted for the duration of these operations, I would appreciate if you could pass this information on to your fellow climbers so that they can take extra care along the access track to the crags. We will be erecting a full set of warning signs at the entrance and on the worksite to increase awareness. The operation is likely to be complete by the end of February."

Post edited at 16:51
 Jenny C 24 Jan 2019
In reply to Franco Cookson:

Don't know the area but worth pointing out that our local forestry commission totally closed off paths for h&s after idiot members of the public ignored the more relaxed 'please take care and be respectful of workers' policy they initially tried to operate by. 

daWalt 24 Jan 2019
In reply to Franco Cookson:

thanks Franco,

and please pass on my thanks to the woodlands people that their generous and pragmatic approach is public access is much appreciated.

Post edited at 17:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...