UKC

Lower Falcon Crag (Borrowdale) - Nest birds access restriction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Unfortunately (for the birds) the pair of Peregrine Falcons that were nesting on Lower Falcon Crag have been unsuccessful and the nest has been abandoned; therefore the access restriction has been lifted.

See the BMC Rad or the FRCC Website for the other, active, restrictions.
Anonymous 23 Jun 2017
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

The birds are breeding on upper falcon crag
In reply to Anonymous:

Thanks for the update. They should get plenty of peace and quiet up there. The restrictions end on 30th June so not really worth publishing an updated list, if they haven't fledged yet they should do in the next few days as it is rare that restrictions have to be extended due to late nesting.

PS I must check the title of my posts more carefully.

Further to my earlier message, the crag will be checked in the next couple of days to assess the status of its occupants. This thread will be updated as necessary.
In reply to Anonymous:

Any idea where the nest site is? An idea of its location will help to get the site assessed.
In reply to Anonymous:

Upper Falcon was visited today, no sign of peregrines, perhaps they have fledged?
Thanks for your report.

Trevor
The Lakeland access restrictions to protect nesting Falcons came to an end on Friday 30 June, assuming that there is no need to extend to protect young that have yet to fledge. Any extensions will be posted here, on the FRCC website and the BMC RAD.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...