UKC

Matlock Bath parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DanDDJ 07 Jun 2018

Wildcat

This is from Caving Chat but also applies to many of us climbers too. A popular parking spot for access to Wildcat and other Matlock crags...

‘New Bath Hotel Matlock Bath

On behalf of the DCA Access Officer:

We had a call from Kev West last night saying that he had been approached by the gardener at the hotel regarding the parking. The hotel are installing No Parking notices on the overflow parking spot. This is not aimed at cavers but general public who are apparently using this space for bbq’s etc and leaving a lot of rubbish.
The gardener's advice was to avoid this parking area for a few weeks until it calms down and then the hotel will issue a temporary permit for cavers to collect from reception 

Please take note of this and if you really must use this parking area in the next few weeks, please go and ask at the hotel reception.

Pete K
DCA Projects / PICA’

Dan

Simon Caldwell 08 Jun 2018
In reply to DanDDJ:

I never even knew that was an option! When the usual P&D is full I tend to park at the Cromford Rugby Club and walk

Luke90 08 Jun 2018
In reply to DanDDJ:

That's interesting. I've always just parked in the pay & display next to Gulliver's Kingdom. Had no idea there was any parking available at the hotel.

olddirtydoggy 08 Jun 2018
In reply to DanDDJ:

There are a couple of other small free parking areas that nobody has picked up on yet on the opposite side of the road to Wildcat.

johncook 08 Jun 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Shhhhhhhh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...