UKC

Pothole Quarry, Llanferres owner details?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Garston 28 Aug 2017
Would anyone know the contact details for the owner of Pothole Quarry by Llanferres? We climbed there yesterday and cleared 4 large full bags of cans, bottles and broken glass from the base of the crag. I simply wanted to drop the landowner a letter just letting him/her know that we are happy to do this and thank them for letting us climb. I would hate for access to be withdrawn because of the selfish turds that litter and would like the landowner to know most of us appreciate the access!
 Elfyn Jones 28 Aug 2017
In reply to Garston:

Hi
Thanks for this - Pothole is actually leased from the landowner by the BMC (on a "peppercorn rent" agreement - i.e no fees) and managed for climbing. This was negotiated after the landowners had plans to put security fences to prevent access following an unfortunate fatal accident a few years ago. Litter from night-time parties by local youths can be an occasional issue, especially in summer months. We have had discussions with local police and the local authority on how to deal with this issue but without 24 hour wardening, its almost impossible to prevent. The local climbing club, Clwyd Mountaineering Club, do a great job of keeping an eye on the crag and carry out regular clean ups there. But good for you if you can clear it up and help with keeping the place clear.

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
OP Garston 28 Aug 2017
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thanks for the prompt reply Elfyn, the access is appreciated and we will do our best to give it a good clean when we are there!
Kind regards, Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...