UKC

/ Rockfall on Berry Head.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
scope on 09 Apr 2018
remus - on 09 Apr 2018
In reply to scope:

Yeah, looks like it's just scathed the very end of magical mystery tour part 1. Don't think it's much harder to top out a bit earlier though.

On the plus side looks like there's potential for a new cave traverse linking parts 1 and 2 ;)

Mark Kemball - on 10 Apr 2018
In reply to scope:

Just as the guide is going to print (I believe)...

In reply to scope:

Magical Mystery Tour Full (E1 5b)   Berry Head (The Old Redoubt) It looks like the exit to the Blue Grotto (and Blue / Green Grotto cave) have collapsed.

This is part of MMT part 2. I would think that MMT Part 1 (the popular section) is unaffected.

Post edited at 06:58
petecallaghan - on 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Mark Glaister - Assistant Editor:

The last couple of times I've climbed MMT 1 in reverse with the SDMC we started at that entry to the Blue Grotto - the last time was in Sept 2017. 

Kafoozalem - on 11 Apr 2018
In reply to scope:

Thanks for the info. The guidebook team were aware of two other rockfalls between the Great Cave and the Promontory, one of which may make escaping from The Promontory hazardous. We have been refused access to check until the birds have flown so the guidebook will just carry a warning.

These new falls have taken out the start of Yard Trimmings (F6b+) which traversed into The Blue Grotto Cave from the right as seen in the photo. It is harder to tell if the left side of the cave traversed by Magical Mystery Tour (extension or Part 2) is affected from these pictures.

Whilst the guidebook is looking  finished we are waiting on adverts and some tweaks before it goes to print, so you'll be waiting a few more weeks.

Tom Last - on 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Nice work Kafoozalem, looking forward to it  

broc on 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Shame about the rockfalls.

Been looking forward to this guidebook for a long time!

Wft on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Cheers for the info. 

Cant wait to see the guidebook! 

Kafoozalem - on 12 Apr 2018
In reply to scope:

Just about to upload the updated topo with before and after picture. I hope the poster is happy for me to make use of the picture.

scope on 16 Apr 2018
In reply to Kafoozalem:

You're welcome to use the photos.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.