UKC

Stool End Farm Langdale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petegunn 19 Jun 2020

Hi

Does anyone know if you can access The Band through the farm or do you need to take another approach? Access in some areas still seems a bit tricky due to covid.

Thanks.

Post edited at 15:57
 Mal Grey 19 Jun 2020
In reply to petegunn:

The track from the road near the ODG goes straight through and is the normal route. Its marked as "other routes with public access" on the OS maps, linking then to the public right of way footpath that leads onto the fell.

charliesdad 19 Jun 2020
In reply to Mal Grey:

I’ve met the farmer at Stool End and he was utterly charming.

A friend met a member of his family who was not charming at all.

Personally, I’d avoid that approach for now.

StevieH 19 Jun 2020
In reply to petegunn:

Hi Pete, I’ve walked through a couple of times and the farmers were in their tractors in the yard.

No issues at all.

Dave the Rave 19 Jun 2020
In reply to petegunn:

The farmers have been fine over the last 30 years and last went through last June. The old couple are indeed now old but remained sprightly.

Only problem I’ve ever had was with a massive Clydesdale horse that used to throw its hind legs out but this could have been due to the dog.

It wasn’t there last time.

Purple 19 Jun 2020
In reply to petegunn:

I walked up that way a couple of weeks ago. All good. A sign where you leave the public road asks you to take precautions and if at all possible consider an alternative route. We pressed on, overtly sanitised hands at gates. No problem. 

Simon Caldwell 22 Jun 2020
In reply to petegunn:

If in doubt it's only an extra km or so to go round the farm via the footbridge below the weir

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...