UKC

USMC at Lawrencefield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will Oliver 24 Sep 2021

USMC will be at Lawrencefield from 10-4 tomorrow with a few topropes and other members about the crag. Will do our best to keep out of other people's way but feel free to kick us off if we are.

Lawrencefield

TobyA 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Will Oliver:

The United States Marine Corps are going to be at Lawrencefield tomorrow!?! What all off them?! Who is going to be brave enough to kick 'em off anything!

wilkie14c 24 Sep 2021
In reply to TobyA:

>  Who is going to be brave enough to kick 'em off anything!

Tom Cruise 

Andy Hardy 24 Sep 2021
In reply to wilkie14c:

Don't you mean Chuck Norris?

wilkie14c 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

No def Tom, when he climbs in the Peak it’s a fact nobody else is allowed anywhere near

OP Will Oliver 24 Sep 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Ahaha my mistake I meant University of Sheffield Mountaineering club ofc 😂😂

Pedro50 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Will Oliver:

SCUM surely?

Andy Hardy 24 Sep 2021
In reply to wilkie14c:

Wait, you think that a 5'7" (in heels) actor and scientologist is going to stop *Chuck* *Norris*?

wilkie14c 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

NOBODY stops Chuck Norris, they only slow him down 😁

Wire Shark 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> Wait, you think that a 5'7" (in heels) actor and scientologist is going to stop *Chuck* *Norris*?

Well, Bruce Lee did and (other than the scientology bit) he fitted those criteria.

johncook 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Will Oliver:

Please don't rig abseils down delicate routes. There are plenty of other places to do this without spoiling routes with unneccessary abbing down delicate grit routes!

Also ensure you have towels so that climbers can clean their shoes before they start to climb. Wear is becoming a major problem in the Peak and is exacerbated by people climbing in dirty shoes.

Offwidth 25 Sep 2021
In reply to johncook:

I've been at Lawrencefield on a few occasions during Sheffield Uni freshers meets. Very well organised and generally good ethical behaviour. Most tr's were in the first bay where fewer climbers visit. Your advice is still good.

TobyA 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

> SCUM surely?

Yeah, when I was in various other uni clubs back in the 90s I remember Sheffield was always SCUM. I mean it doesn't work very well as an acronym but it sounded really cool AND you don't get mixed up with a bunch of Jarheads.

r0b 25 Sep 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Yep it was SCUM when I was a member in the late 90s. I think it originated from a logo design where the letters USMC had been arranged so it actually (accidentally?) read as SCUM

Rog Wilko 27 Sep 2021
In reply to r0b:

I think a certain B Johnson has just taken over that word.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...