UKC

WiltonFest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JRToon 06 Sep 2021

WiltonFest was excellent this year after the gap last year because of COVID. Congratulations to Tim Greenhalgh for all the work (and money!) he puts into organising it.  Gary Gibson’s talk in the evening was inspirational and fun!  But where was the BMC? After all, Wilton is a BMC crag!  Very poor that the BMC was not present.  What does this say about the BMC?

wbo2 06 Sep 2021
In reply to JRToon:  That you hadn't told them?  

neilh 06 Sep 2021
In reply to JRToon:

That they are waiting for the appointment of a new  marketing coordinator or that Covid guidleines have not been revamped. It was a noticeable abscence to what I thought was a BMC event, clearly it is not.Perhaps its better just as a local event.. and .all the better for it.Enjoyed it.

Offwidth 06 Sep 2021
In reply to neilh:

The BMC stand was very busy a few years back when I helped out a bit on it. I'm not sure what happened this year but I do know the support funding was cut, which was a shame. These festivals are a great method of direct contact on BMC work, especially on a BMC owned crag.

I was planning to go this year but it clashed. Well done Tim and co.

Lankyman 06 Sep 2021
In reply to JRToon:

> WiltonFest was excellent this year after the gap last year because of COVID. Congratulations to Tim Greenhalgh for all the work (and money!) he puts into organising it.  Gary Gibson’s talk in the evening was inspirational and fun!  But where was the BMC? After all, Wilton is a BMC crag!  Very poor that the BMC was not present.  What does this say about the BMC?

Maybe Lancashire has declared a UDI?

mrphilipoldham 06 Sep 2021
In reply to JRToon:

I popped in at 11.15 to buy a couple of guidebooks on my way to work, expecting it to be quiet and it was packed out already which was pleasant to see. Gutted I couldn't stop and do a few routes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...