UKC

Windmore End - Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KS132 24 Jul 2019

Windmore End

Hi all, 

I climb quite a lot at Windmore End in the Eden Valley. This is a great crag but climbing isn’t permitted on quite a large section of it. I see that the BMC are in discussion with the parish council about the matter but this is dated 2008 on UKC. I wondered if there was anything anyone else can do to assist with this? I was thinking of emailing the parish council but don't want to step on anyone’s toes. 

Many thanks. 

Post edited at 13:31
In reply to KS132:

As far as I'm aware, the parish still don't want anyone climbing on the left section, even after many discussions. Probably wouldn't be stepping on anyones toes by emailing, but can't imagine it'd be that successful unfortunately.

There have been a lot of recent issues on the climbable sections apparently, and I'm going to update the crag to ask people to be a bit more considerate in closing gates and not disturbing livestock etc.

Post edited at 13:45
 Jon Stewart 24 Jul 2019
In reply to KS132:

Good call. I'm a regular there, I love the place, and it would be magic to have more of the crag accessible. 

Interested in what the issues were at the last negotiation...

*crossed messages there 

Post edited at 13:39
OP KS132 24 Jul 2019
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Thank you for your reply. I will pen an email at some point.

I have witnessed an incident of poor practice at the crag. It’s such a gem and in an amazing setting but there’s limited parking and parking needs to be done considerately to allow a few people to be there at the same time. 

OP KS132 24 Jul 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I’m interested too. I look longingly at the LH side each time I go and I’m very keen to explore. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...