UKC

Andrew Flintoff talking about living with Bulimia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sealwife 28 Sep 2020

Very interesting programme on life with bulimia from a male perspective.

JimR 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Sealwife:

Brave man. As a person with a family member suffering from long term eating disorder I recognise a lot of what he was talking about. Worth watching as excellent presentation of issues involved

Ridge 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Sealwife:

I caught the back end of the programme and we're going to try and watch the whole thing.

Really well done, not sensationalised, and highlighting what I think is a real but hidden problem that affects a lot of men to a greater and lesser extent.

I was also impressed by Flintoff and how he interviewed and related to people.

OP Sealwife 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Ridge:

I agree.  The approach was very matter of fact, he was obviously learning a lot about the illness and about himself through the interviews with others.

Particularly useful, I thought, to show that eating disorders can often be hidden, they can happen to anyone, and people who have them might not really be aware of it themselves (not necessarily rake thin etc).

balmybaldwin 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Sealwife:

Thought it was very powerful, and interesting to understand a bit more about it.

Many parallels with behaviours I've seen in the climbing world, and also interesting how similar the mental aspect is with substance addiction

PaulJepson 15 Oct 2020
In reply to balmybaldwin:

It's on iplayer if anyone missed it. Very honest programme and he's brave to talk about it.

Really hammers home what shit rags the tabloids are. Numerous articles from The Sun profitting from Flintoff coming out about his eating disorder, which was triggered by them in the first place. 

Someone put a bullet in the back of Murdoch's head. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...