UKC

Bands you'll never now see?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lankyman 28 Sep 2021

There are two bands which I really wish I'd seen as a youth but sadly, now never will (for obvious reasons):

Thin Lizzy - I queued for tickets in Manchester in 1979 I think (around the time 'Live and Dangerous' came out). Got fed up of waiting and gave up.

Led Zeppelin - should have gone to Knebworth in 1979 when I had the chance.

RIP Phil Lynott and Bonzo

joeramsay 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Not me, but my dad had tickets for Bob Marley in the the 70s. He lived in a shared house and one of his housemates had started stealing from the others so he hid them in a book and then forgot what book. Somehow the book survived 40 years of house moves, and he found the tickets a couple of years ago

Clauso 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I've taken a principled stance that I'll never again watch The Wombles ever since they sold out and moved to Milton Keynes.

Like Northern Soul, it's better to keep the faith, think of them as they once were, and remember you're a womble:

youtube.com/watch?v=VIxkqoNi8I4&

Tony Buckley 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Didn't see the Tansads when I had the chance back in the day.  A missed opportunity, that.

T.

OP Lankyman 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Tony Buckley:

Had to look them up. They had a John Kettle as a member. Wonder if it's the same JK with a UKC profile?

graeme jackson 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Thin Lizzy - I queued for tickets in Manchester in 1979 I think (around the time 'Live and Dangerous' came out). Got fed up of waiting and gave up.

> Led Zeppelin - should have gone to Knebworth in 1979 when I had the chance.

Saw Lizzy in Newcastle 1979 and was at Knebworth (superb show - you should've been there )

Never got to see Queen which is a bit of a disappointment. I aklso got the chance of live aid tickets when I was living near Letchworth. passed on them as I couldn't be arsed to go to london. Went to Hertford for a curry and pissup instead. 

digby 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Jimmy Hendrix was playing in London and I couldn't be bothered to go. Thought I'd see him the next time.

Then he went and died

Shani 28 Sep 2021
In reply to graeme jackson:

> Saw Lizzy in Newcastle 1979 and was at Knebworth (superb show - you should've been there )

> Never got to see Queen which is a bit of a disappointment.

I got to see Queen at Knebworth! Their last gig. I've missed the Rolling Stones twice. Now never to be (in original form).

ring ouzel 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Shani:

Saw Queen in Glasgow in 1979. Never saw Genesis (original line up). I would like to see Joe Bonamassa if he ever tours up here.

Tom Valentine 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Shani:

You haven't been able to see the Stones in original form since about 1970.

In reply to Lankyman:

I never got to see Captain Beefheart, although I saw Zappa who was equally brilliant a number of times.

Never got to see Weather Report with Jaco on bass, and would give anything to see him and Pat Metheney play Bright Size Life

I wish I had gone to see local band Led Zeppelin play at the Mothers Club in Birmingham, but did catch them at Knebworth. 

J101 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Power Trip for me, RIP Riley Gale.

deepsoup 28 Sep 2021
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

> I never got to see Captain Beefheart, although I saw Zappa who was equally brilliant a number of times.

I almost posted earlier to say I didn't see Zappa.  (At the NEC in 1988 - I'm guessing that's one of the gigs you did go to.)  I was a bit skint at the time and it seemed a long way to go. 

I did see Vivian Stanshall (with the 'Rawlinson Dog Ends') at the Leadmill though, which was as brilliant as it was baffling.

Post edited at 20:23
In reply to deepsoup:

The last time I saw Frank was on the Broadway the Hard Way tour, but I can’t remember where! Not just Frank, the band was awesome

Bobling 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Queen.  

felt 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I'd have liked to have seen Pink Floyd at UFO with Syd, Airplane at the Fillmore West, Hendrix, early Soft Machine, and Jaco/WR too.

Saw LZ at the first Knebworth gig, although I can't remember much about them apart from the lasers, but the best bands I saw were the Dead at the Rainbow, Crimson on the Discipline tour, Spirit doing Potatoland, the Bunnymen, Steel Pulse, Here & Now, Bobby and the Midnites, and the Long Ryders at Neville's Cross College, of all places. Lost interest in live music after about 1985, although I had a long spell of going to Womad. Maybe next summer too? Worst bands I saw? Kiss (easily the worst), Rush (might as well have put the record on), the Dead at Wembley Arena (dead).

Mike-W-99 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Nirvana, was asked if I wanted to go to see them at Edinburgh Carlton Studios and turned it down. And the amazing after show too https://murdermydoll.home.blog/2018/10/11/nirvana-hd-new-kurt-cobain-and-da... . Just to rub it in the photos are taken by someone I knew from school.

JimR 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Mike-W-99:

I’d love to have seen Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac , the Allman Bros and Johnny Winter

Rick51 28 Sep 2021
In reply to JimR:

> I’d love to have seen Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac , the Allman Bros and Johnny Winter

Saw Fleetwood at the Albert hall 1969 - great gig. We walked out of Floyd and Zeppelin in 1970? at Manchester students union - they were very chemically enhanced and very poor.

65 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Could have seen but regrettably passed on the opportunity:

Zappa, Miles Davis, Husker Du, Lhasa de Sela, 

HakanT 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Soundgarden is probably the band I most wish I could resurrect. Still kicking myself for turning down a free ticket to see Motörhead.

TMM 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Shani:

> I got to see Queen at Knebworth! Their last gig. I've missed the Rolling Stones twice. Now never to be (in original form).

You’ve not been able to see the Rolling Stones in original form form more than 50 years!

CantClimbTom 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Motorhead, James Brown, and so many more!

OP Lankyman 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Rick51:

> We walked out of Floyd and Zeppelin in 1970? at Manchester students union

This reminds me of a band I was Very Glad to see there in about 1979. We went for a laugh at the washed out has-beens of yesterday. Faded teeny glam rock posers we thought. They were fantastic, one of the best hard rocking bands I ever saw - Slade! From what I've seen on YouTube, Sweet were similarly brilliant.

Alkis 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Nevermore. I left buying a ticket for them playing in Rock City in 2004-5 too late. First they disbanded, then the lead singer died of a heart attack so a reunion isn't possible...

Post edited at 09:04
 Fruit 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Rush. I saw them a couple of times including a fab 50th birthday gig. 

I was at Knebworth for Led Zep in ‘79, left early, they were dull IMO. Chas and Dave were brilliant as the opening act!

Thin Lizzy would have been great to see at their best.

it’s interesting that no one expects Mozart to turn up at his gigs, but we’re a bit unsure whether tribute acts performing classic band’s material is ok to get excited about. So many of my favourite bands have dead members, retired or are too old to provide the spectacle they once did.

Noddyrog 29 Sep 2021
In reply to joeramsay:

I remember standing in the delivery area at Essex Uni ( mobile burger van there ) and saying I'll not bother going to see the group playing that weekend in the main hall - as I'd never heard of them - and I was short of money.

It was c 1972.

I missed Bob Marley and the Wailers.

graeme jackson 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Fruit:

> I was at Knebworth for Led Zep in ‘79, left early, they were dull IMO. Chas and Dave were brilliant as the opening act!

I went specifically to see Stanley Clarke in the New Barbarians but he'd left before the gig. (didn't get to see him till around 10 or 12 years ago at the jazz cafe in camden and was quite disappointed with his attitude). 

Given the amount of denim and Patchouli in the audience it was a big surprise to see Zep all wearing suits - bloody sell-outs!  Utopia were the highlight for me at Knebworth. 

Fruit 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Fruit:

And I forgot, Rainbow with Dio on Vocals, I'd have loved to have seen that, saw them with Bonet (in a white suit) not the same.

I saw Robbie Williams at Knebworth, front row. an amazing gig.

toad 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Tony Buckley:

Saw them supporting Chumbawamba. Great gig. But the Kettles latest venture ( Merry Hell) are VERY good. Bit more acoustic, but still include some Tansads stuff, like Iron Man

toad 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Never saw Ian Dury, even though I knew he was ill

I'll miss the spectacle of a Rush gig

Ian W 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Fruit:

> And I forgot, Rainbow with Dio on Vocals, I'd have loved to have seen that, saw them with Bonet (in a white suit) not the same.

> I saw Robbie Williams at Knebworth, front row. an amazing gig.

I saw Rainbow with Dio; one of my first "proper" gigs. Set the bar quite high for a while; and yes, Dio was that good. one of the best ever.

My big "miss" was a miserably wet night in October 89 (or 90?) when a mate and I decided we couldnt be bothered to walk the mile and a half to the Riverside club in Newcastle to see......Nirvana's first ever UK gig.

About the only band i really wish i'd gone to see when I had the chance but didnt (apart from aforementioned Seattle based popular beat combo) are Pink Floyd.

critter 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Probably the Birthday Party, apparently quite eventful gigs!

And Hüsker Dü.

Post edited at 14:32
 Phil Lyon 29 Sep 2021
In reply to critter:

The Mummers

Had a ticket to their one and only tour but couldn't get due to illness.

They were an interesting little outfit.

The Potato 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Dio - had tickets to see them in Manchester but I was seriously ill at the time and was in hospital on a blood infusion that night. Listened to Iron maiden live in session instead. Forgot about Dio for a while then he died soon after.

kend 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Mike-W-99:

I was at that gig and it was very good but missed them at the Southern Bar two nights later....

Tom Valentine 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Fruit:

Chas and Dave were actually very capable musicians in their own right. I saw Chas play with Albert Lee as members of Heads, Hands and Feet and thought them brilliant.

Tom Valentine 29 Sep 2021
In reply to toad:

Saw Merry Hell a couple of years ago. Good stuff, especially the Bakers Daughter Song which definitely had the crowd jumping.

Boomer Doomer 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Yeah, Lizzy was one of the bands I missed. I saw Plant and Page at Glastonbury. They played mostly Zeppelin songs including a lot of lesser known songs like Gallow's Pole, Four Sticks and The Wanton Song. The highlight was definitely Kashmir with a full Egyptian orchestra.

Never got to see Pink Floyd, that's probably my biggest regret. I was too young to see Jimi, but apart from those I really can't think of anyone else... I'm lucky to have seen a lot of bands I love.

In reply to toad:

> I'll miss the spectacle of a Rush gig

Me too. The last time I saw them was on the Clockwork Angels Tour. Two sets, three hours... three drum solos... Fitting that the last encore was Grand Finale from 2112.

In reply to Fruit:

> Rush. I saw them a couple of times including a fab 50th birthday gig. 

I saw Rush on my Fortieth... Snakes & Arrows Tour at The NEC (or whatever it was called at the time). They played one of my favourite lesser known songs as well... Between The Wheels.

In reply to Lankyman:

Another couple not exactly single bands. I saw Dr Feelgood loads of times with Gippy Mayo on guitar but would have loved to see them with Wilco.

Also in our sixth form common room, the Stranglers album Live at the Hope and Anchor was on heavy rotation in 77-78. Although I saw them in clubs and with other bands like The Damned, I would have loved to have seen them on their own manor.

Fruit 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Boomer Doomer:

Great way to celebrate a birthday

Fruit 29 Sep 2021
In reply to Clauso:

Never saw the Wombles gig, but did see one of them playing cricket. Even typing this is weird 🙈

Post edited at 20:28
OP Lankyman 30 Sep 2021

> Another couple not exactly single bands. I saw Dr Feelgood loads of times with Gippy Mayo on guitar but would have loved to see them with Wilco.

> Also in our sixth form common room, the Stranglers album Live at the Hope and Anchor was on heavy rotation in 77-78. Although I saw them in clubs and with other bands like The Damned, I would have loved to have seen them on their own manor.

This reminds me of one of the few punk bands I would have paid to see - The Ruts. Unlike many, they could perform live if what I've seen on YouTube is anything to go by. I had their first album.

In reply to Lankyman:

I saw the ruts a few times back then, and they all could really play, fantastic gigs and great songs. Talking of all could really play, I think one of the gigs was supporting Dead Kennedys who were tremendous.

I think more recently Henry Rollins sat in as singer with the Ruts for some U.K. gigs which looked tremendous on YouTube 

Ian W 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

They are still going (well, Segs and Ruffy with a "new" guitarist). Older and wiser, but can still bang out a decent tune!

Hat Dude 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> Chas and Dave were actually very capable musicians in their own right. I saw Chas play with Albert Lee as members of Heads, Hands and Feet and thought them brilliant.

I saw Chas & Dave in 76 as support band to 10cc

Quite different to their string of Cocky Knees up hits

OP Lankyman 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Ian W:

> They are still going (well, Segs and Ruffy with a "new" guitarist). Older and wiser, but can still bang out a decent tune!

I haven't watched a live rock band in decades. Having seen videos of some of the greats who've staggered into the modern era I think I'd be disappointed, possibly. Deaths of past members and lineup changes mean it will never be the same experience. Not to mention the inevitable decline in physical presence and power that age brings on. If I do ever go to a concert again I'd probably opt for someone still young enough to strut (The Darkness?) or relative newcomer like Wolf Alice, perhaps.

65 30 Sep 2021
In reply to critter:

> Probably the Birthday Party, apparently quite eventful gigs!

Same here. I became aware of them when Junkyard came out, and then they disbanded. I did see Nick Cave and TBS on the First Born is Dead tour, awesome but Cave spent a good deal of the gig on the floor.

> And Hüsker Dü.

Snap.

felt 30 Sep 2021
In reply to graeme jackson:

> Given the amount of denim and Patchouli in the audience it was a big surprise to see Zep all wearing suits - bloody sell-outs!  Utopia were the highlight for me at Knebworth. 

Yes, three of them quite smart in the poster and programme, but Bonzo in a white T-shirt and jeans. I can still clearly picture these artefacts, unlike the gig itself, although I do remember Todd Rundgren looked like a banana. Word was that Zep had inferior support acts because they had the fear.

Dio's an interesting one. I caught him fronting Sabbath in Birmingham on the Heaven and Hell tour and thought he cut a ridiculous figure, like some pesky imp in an Elizabethan drama. With Ozzy and the rest of the lads at least you could imagine them being a little bit on the dark side, a little bit evil, but not that preposterous coiffured scamp Ronnie James. 

colinakmc 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Jack Bruce band. Saw him last in Perth a couple of years before he died.

And not strictly a band, but it would’ve been good to see Leonard Cohen live.

Ian W 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> I haven't watched a live rock band in decades. Having seen videos of some of the greats who've staggered into the modern era I think I'd be disappointed, possibly. Deaths of past members and lineup changes mean it will never be the same experience. Not to mention the inevitable decline in physical presence and power that age brings on. If I do ever go to a concert again I'd probably opt for someone still young enough to strut (The Darkness?) or relative newcomer like Wolf Alice, perhaps.

That's a good point; if there have been personnel changes then often these changes are not necessarily for the better (see UB40 for e.g.). Other times, an older reformed band can be as good as ever. But not always......

And there are some brilliant newer bands, although I'm often surprised how long they have been going (that's another way of indicating how old I am.......), and I often shy away from going to see bands younger than my kids, although whenever I do, there are always other oldies there! 

OP Lankyman 30 Sep 2021

> I saw the ruts a few times back then, and they all could really play, fantastic gigs and great songs

I just looked up Paul Fox's entry on Wikipedia and was surprised to see he was born in 1951 and took up the guitar in the sixties. That probably explains why he (and The Ruts) were such accomplished musicians.

> I think more recently Henry Rollins sat in as singer with the Ruts for some U.K. gigs which looked tremendous on YouTube 

His talks about his love of the band are very entertaining! An absolute fan who got to perform with his idols!

Ian W 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> I just looked up Paul Fox's entry on Wikipedia and was surprised to see he was born in 1951 and took up the guitar in the sixties. That probably explains why he (and The Ruts) were such accomplished musicians.

> His talks about his love of the band are very entertaining! An absolute fan who got to perform with his idols!

And if anyone can generate more rage, feeling and emotion in a performance than Rollins, I haven't come across them yet.

Duncan Bourne 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Alex Harvey. I had the tickets in my hand and then he died

nathan79 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I've managed to see most on my must-see list.

Black Sabbath, The Who (or 50% of them,I'd rather have seen them when Entwhistle was still around), The Stones, ZZ Top (thankfully while Dusty was alive), Mötorhead, Public Enemy, The Wu Tang Clan, James Brown, Prince. I feel there's a couple I've forgotten.

Had a couple of opportunities to see Lee Perry, regret not taking those chances. Queen with Freddie, Deep Purple with Ritchie Blackmore and Jon Lord, Hendrix, Michael Jackson (Bad era). 

Hat Dude 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

> Alex Harvey. I had the tickets in my hand and then he died

Saw The SAHB but was due to see Stone The Crows the week after Leslie Harvey was killed on stage

Fruit 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

The Darkness were great fun the times I’ve seen them

”Give me a D!”

(silence)

”Give me an ‘arkness’”

(massive roar from Robbie’s fans)

priceless!!

Fruit 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Hat Dude:

That sounds like a great gig

Clauso 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

> Alex Harvey. I had the tickets in my hand and then he died

Some people will go to any lengths to avoid meeting you Duncan, but that's just ridiculous! 

Duncan Bourne 02 Oct 2021
In reply to Clauso:

I know I felt snubbed

Tringa 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I missed out on The Grateful Dead at the Hollywood Festival in Staffordshire in 1970.

I also had the chance to see The Who and turned it down. I'd seen them a couple of years earlier so wasn't bothered, but I missed out on a live performance of Tommy.

Dave

kipper12 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Was there at Knebworth, and saw thin Lizzie before they were famous, and they were drinking in the bar at the palace Newark, along with the punters.  I had their autographs somewhere, sadly long since lost. 

yelotango 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Nirvana, 01/04/94 (Good Friday / April Fool) In Utero UK tour. Still have tickets from the days you would have to spend hours on the phone to find out if you could buy tickets...

Andy Farnell 10 Oct 2021
In reply to HakanT:

> Soundgarden is probably the band I most wish I could resurrect. 

I had a ticket to see them on the Down on the Upside tour. They cancelled and I never got the chance again. Gutted.

Andy F

lorentz 11 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Pantera.

"Groove" Metal is a crap label to give a subgenre, but does describe the accessible/listenable nature of the extremely heavy music they created. They were a great band. I loved them as moody teenager. Every song on every album - Cowboys from Hell,  A Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven - all are absolute bangers.

Dimebag Darrell was an incredibly gifted, sonically-superlative, heavy guitarist. Driving riffs and screaming solos. Powerful, powerful music, but so well crafted too. If you're working out, running (or suffering from teenage angst or a heartbreak) they're your band. Testosterone for your ears.  Never put a foot wrong musically.  I wish I'd seen them live when I was heavily into them circa 1994. I didn't get round to it. Life got in the way, then I drifted away into the drum'n'bass scene at uni. 

For those that don't know, Dimbag (the guitarist) was gunned down whilst on stage with his new band (Damageplan) by a so called "fan" shortly after the band had split in December 2004. And so another guitar legend gone far too soon.

His brother Vinnie Paul (the band's extremely talented powerhouse drummer) also passed away way too young back in 2018.

Listening to them again recently I've just totally rediscovered the love for their sound. Their music has stood the test of time.

"A new level of confidence and power (so much power!)"

artif 11 Oct 2021
In reply to lorentz:

Was lucky enough to see Pantera in Plymouth back in the 90's, they were supporting megadeth, who I can only describe as a poor version of status quo, so bad we walked out.

Still a fan of Pantera and that show was one of the best I've been to

In reply to kipper12:

Thin Lizzy were brilliant live. With the big fella up front they rocked.

Andy Farnell 11 Oct 2021
In reply to lorentz:

I saw Pantera on the Far Beyond Driven tour (ironically in the week I was supposed to see Soundgarden...), they were brutal. Crowdsurfing to F#cking Hostile is definitely in my top 5 gig moments of all time.

Andy F

pjcollinson 11 Oct 2021
In reply to Fruit:

The first band I ever saw was Rainbow with Dio on vocals. They set the bar quite high!

> And I forgot, Rainbow with Dio on Vocals, I'd have loved to have seen that, saw them with Bonet (in a white suit) not the same.

> I saw Robbie Williams at Knebworth, front row. an amazing gig.

nathan79 11 Oct 2021
In reply to Andy Farnell:

I saw them as part of a line-up that included Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Faith No More and Soulfly (who did some very welcome Sepultura tunes).

I think they did "Superunknown" in full for the set. I was a minor fan, thought they put on a great show and glad I got the chance.. The pal I went with was a massive fan, saw them many times in various countries, and in his previous life as a magazine writer/music editor interviewed Chris Cornell a number of times and spoke very highly of him.

ohsmeg 12 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Saw Zeppelin at Knebworth in 1979. Still have a photo somewhere. Never forgotten it. When they played Kashmir the atmosphere was electric. Best band ever IMO. 
Also seen Genesis, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, amongst others. Great days, wish I could re-live them.

p.s. at the end of the Knebworth concert, husband tripped and fell over in the dark and got trampled on by quite a few people, but no harm done and he thought it was worth it to see Led Zep. 

OP Lankyman 12 Oct 2021
In reply to ohsmeg:

> p.s. at the end of the Knebworth concert, husband tripped and fell over in the dark and got trampled on by quite a few people, but no harm done and he thought it was worth it to see Led Zep. 

Shame they weren't playing 'Trampled Underfoot' as encore?

ohsmeg 12 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Love your comment, thank you! 😂

Post edited at 21:29
In reply to colinakmc:

> . . .  it would’ve been good to see Leonard Cohen live.

Yeah, that's my one great regret too.

Of the '27 Club' I saw Hendrix, Joplin, and Morrison but not Kurt Cobain or Amy Winehouse

In reply to lorentz:

I seem to remember that Eddie Van Halen put one of his own guitars in Dimebag’s coffin as a mark of respect. Dimebag is in the top 10 all time guitarists, and the band as a whole were way up there too. Vulgar Display of Power is a tremendous album

lorentz 20 Oct 2021

I read that somewhere too... It was Dimebag's family's wish that he be buried with a replica guitar but EVH turned up and presented the family his own actual bumblebee strat as featured on the VHII album cover. From one legend to another. 

Sheepyyorks 21 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I’m sort of a “small little known band in a local pub/music venue” sort of guy rather than the large mega bands. I just prefer the intimacy plus it’s really cheap and it’s just about the “feeling” of it all whilst sinking a few pints.

Used though to be a fan of a band that became big…. REM. Obviously won’t be seeing them live anymore and let’s face it, they stuck around for far too long and ruined their own legacy but I did go see Stipe one of their tribute bands a month or so ago. Obviously tribute bands are… meh but they did a good impression and looked like the band in their prime.

Hat Dude 22 Oct 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

The Mothers of Invention

just watching the Beeb 4 doc on Zappa

Remember hearing "Freak Out" in 1971, the 1st time I got stoned and thinking WOW this was released before Sgt Pepper

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...