UKC

PSA: Battlestar Galactica is available on iPlayer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie Wakeham 05 Sep 2020

If one of the very finest bits of TV of the last 20 years has managed to evade you thus far, then go treat yourself to the entirety* of Battlestar Galactica on the iPlayer.  

It happens to have robots and spaceships, but it's really not about the sci-fi.  It's about war and what it does to imperfect people.  The conclusion is a bit marmite - I loved it - but even if you don't, it's still utterly worth the time to watch.  And the music throughout is of the highest order, including an audacious repurposing of All Along the Watchtower.

* they've uploaded the short TV edits of Pegasus (season 2 episode 10), Unfinished Business (S3 ep 9) and Razor (making up S4 ep 1 & 2).  It's worth searching for the full versions of these, which I see are available on the internet easily enough - you're looking for the 56 minute version of Pegasus, the 70 minute version of Unfinished Business, and the 101 minute version of Razor. It's also arguable that you want to watch Razor earlier than the start of season 4; it fits better (if you don't mind a slight spoiler that doesn't really make sense until the very end) towards the end of S2.  There's a good viewing order here: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/3641/what-is-the-viewing-order-of...

So say we all.

Post edited at 00:03
Removed User 06 Sep 2020
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Yep went to sleep watching it last night and woke up with a stiff neck.  So dated now but I  never watched 1st time around

nastyned 06 Sep 2020
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Cracking series but a kin awful ending. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...