UKC

BBC Brexit Music

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 31 Jan 2019

Is there any significance in it being from Mozart's Requiem?

felt 31 Jan 2019
In reply to Trangia:

Sounds like a mad use of it to me.

Blue Straggler 31 Jan 2019
In reply to Trangia:

I haven’t encountered this, but if you think about your question for even one second, you’ll possibly reach the same conclusion that I’ve reached, which is that someone selected this and probably didn’t do it randomly or just based on the melody. 

Robert Durran 31 Jan 2019
In reply to felt:

> Sounds like a mad use of it to me.

Sounds like a perfect choice to me for such a sad national tragedy

felt 31 Jan 2019
In reply to Robert Durran:

Just a spot of backward crosswording.

Terribly sad music, perfectly apt.

wercat 31 Jan 2019
In reply to Trangia:

I think just a tone accompanied by "We Apologize for the Loss of Control.  Normal Service will probably not be resumed."

McHeath 01 Feb 2019
In reply to Trangia

I Want To Break Free (Queen) would have been even better; the lyrics fit perfectly.

In reply to Trangia:

On my blog for 24 June 2016 I put up the Funeral March from Beethoven's Eroica symphony (it's still there). The reason I chose Beethoven, of course, was that Brexit overthrows the central European ideal expressed in his Choral Symphony that 'All men shall be brothers.'

In reply to McHeath:

Breaking free from the EU free trade area and freedom of movement, I suppose.

yorkshire_lad2 03 Feb 2019
In reply to John Stainforth:

That would be the final movement of Beethoven 9, then??? (ak.a. the european national anthem)

McHeath 03 Feb 2019
In reply to John Stainforth:

I thought it was a great song when I was about 16 and wanting to break free myself, but without any idea of what would be replacing what I had and whether I would be able to cope with it; I see parallels!

silhouette 04 Feb 2019
In reply to Trangia:

Got along without you before I met you, gonna get along without you now, Trini Lopez, Tina Charles, UB40, Viola Wills and dozens of others.

In reply to McHeath:

Freedom's a word I rarely use without thinking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...