UKC

BBC Out of Doors - tomorrow's episode

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Only a hill 08 Feb 2013
My interview with Christopher Sleight will be broadcast on the BBC Out of Doors programme tomorrow evening from 1830 on BBC Radio Scotland:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qjf2t

Apparently my bit should be on from about 1915. I will be talking a little about my new book and how it fits in with my experiments with Victorian winter climbing equipment. The interview was recorded during a 'historical re-enactment' climb in Coire nan Lochan earlier this month so there should be a few interesting bits about cutting steps, how nailed boots compare to crampons etc!
OP Only a hill 08 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:
Correction: it's on tomorrow morning at 0630. The episode can be streamed from the website any time up to a week after broadcast.
OP Only a hill 08 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:
... and it will also be broadcast at 11:05 on Sunday morning as well.
In reply to Only a hill:
Did anyone listen?
 owlart 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Hannah S: I'm planning on catching it on iPlayer when I get home tonight.
In reply to owlart:
Had a listen to it, the whole programme is 90mins alex is about 50mins in.
 owlart 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Hannah S: Oh, ta. I shall look forward to that this evening!
OP Only a hill 09 Feb 2013
In reply to owlart:
Just got round to listening to it myself ... really pleased with how it turned out! Although my own voice sounds pretty weird to me (must have been due to being out of breath )
 Padraig 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:

I actually caught this on BBC Scotland at about 7/7.30 a.m. this morning. Very interesting piece Alex.
 Cobbler 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Padraig:
On R Scotland right now.
In reply to Only a hill:

I listened to this on Sat morning, whilst at work. I never realized it was you, aye interesting.

Stuart
abseil 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:

I listened to it through the website - thought it was a very interesting and well done interview.

Lots of luck with the book.
OP Only a hill 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:
Thanks all--I'm glad it was interesting and informative. It was certainly a lot of fun to do and it has already resulted in a surge of interest for my book!
 deanr 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill: great interview, and as a result I've just bought your book.

Well done!
 Pete Ford 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:

Listened on iplayer a few Min's ago, excellent Alex. As has been said before, good luck with the book, I for one will be buying it.

Pete
 thin bob 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:
Looking forward to listening later...
have you got epub or other formats for your books?
In reply to thin bob:
Yes, if you click here:
http://www.alexroddie.com/p/novels-by-alex-roddie.html
... and scroll down to beneath the Kindle links, you will find it available in other eBook stores. I haven't got round to issuing the revised non-Kindle version yet so there are two or three typos I'm aware of in those formats.

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded the book over the last 24 hours. I'm enjoying a nice little sales spike!
 TobyA 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill: Good stuff, although the pic seems to be missing on webpage. I presume its you in your tweeds? I hadn't realised that Chris was from Englandshire too. You don't hear the accents on twitter/UKC!
In reply to TobyA:
Yep the pic is broken--think it was one of the ones Chris took on the day (which you can see on my blog).

Know what you mean about accent etc. not coming through online. I have a feeling I'm going to be meeting a lot of UKCers / Twitter followers for the first time on the 27th! =)
 chris_s 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Only a hill:

Will try to get that pic fixed, don't know why it isn't showing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...