UKC

Bear Grylls - Mud Sweat & Tears Biography

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC) 23 May 2012
Go on then who has read it, ok not high literature but I think he an ok and very determined lucky fortunate et al bloke who inspires kids and adults alike to go and have fun. He readily admits to failings and mess ups and I doubt he would be anywhere near as successful if he was an ugly bloke from a council estate in the north of England but fair play to him he's done a fair bit you know !
 Nigel R 23 May 2012
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC): He loves Jesus and knows how to sleep inside a camel's corpse. Bear for PM!
In reply to Nigel R: Not sure about his politics though his dad was involved in the cash for questions mularky in the 90's !!
 poeticshambles 23 May 2012
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC): Haha what on earth does that have to do with anything?
 Nigel R 23 May 2012
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC): No, I've reflected at length and decided my previous hard line stance on BG has been totally misguided. So now, instead of just plain old cycling to work I crawl on hands and knees through the woods. I've also eschewed packed lunches in favour of snaring seagulls on the roof and eating them raw. You'd be surprised as me how little social opprobrium that type of thing generates in east Leeds. However, I think emulating the chief scout and telling all the kids and mums in the playground to "Be Prepared" didn't go down so well....hearing is next week.
scrufff 23 May 2012
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC):

At least he was nice enough to put all the religious stuff in individual chapters, so I could skip them on my Kindle. Lying to the pilot in order to get a helicopter back from Everest base camp was a bit shonky though.
In reply to scrufff: I think he plays a game and plays it rather well, who wouldn't want to get back to civilisation and your family after three months away................
scrufff 23 May 2012
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC):

I just thought it was a bit off that he acknowledges and explains the risk of flying at that altitude, but the next minute is claiming to be a doctor so the pilot will come back especially for him.
In reply to scrufff: Ye who has not blagged at some point in his life ........................ granted he is selfish in some respects and it could have gone pear shaped I agree (personally I would have told him to walk out if I was the helicopter pilot and said we have good docs at hospital etc) but hey ho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...