UKC

Brian Cox

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
XXXX 28 Jan 2013
Does he make anyone else's teeth itch or is it just me?
 silhouette 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric the Red: No its not just you. I take it you mean the amazing yapper rather than the lovely old Dundee actor?
 nufkin 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Eric the Red:

I know what you mean, but he makes a good programme and does seem to know his stuff, which redeems his dreamy smugness in my eyes.

And they constantly take the piss out of him on The Infinite Monkey Cage, which he appears to take with good humour
 Queenie 28 Jan 2013

I can understand why, but it's bearable. I blame the documentary makers for giving him too much camera time, I'd sooner they focussed on filming the beautiful surrounding with his narrative in the background, rather than having him featuring in most of the shots.
 Andy Hardy 28 Jan 2013
I know he can't help the shape of his face, but it's still bloody irritating. It's like watching the cheshire cat presenting TV.
 toad 28 Jan 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:
> (In reply to Eric the Red)
> I know he can't help the shape of his face, but it's still bloody irritating. It's like watching the cheshire cat presenting TV.

He's becoming more and more like the moon!

moac 28 Jan 2013
In around 1987 I saw Brian Cox in the lead role of Shakespeare's play Titus Andronicus at The Other Place In Stratford Upon Avon. He was magnificent and it's probably the best acting I've ever seen. I returned earlier to my seat during the intermission and Brian Cox was wondering around the stage, in role, weeping for his raped, handless daughter. There was only about 10 members of the audience who had returned by then and it was an honour to see such a gifted actor playing his part brilliantly. I've seen him in a few films since, and he should have stuck with Shakespeare, but actors seem to love regular work and a fat paycheck so one can't blame him. But as an actor goes he can be as good as the very best.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...