UKC

Brix and the extricated live

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris H 10 Nov 2017
Granny on vocals rather than bongos but with the hanley bros this was approaching 80s 90s fall
 aln 10 Nov 2017
In reply to Chris H:

Sounds interesting. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Granny on vocals rather than bongos'. I saw the Fall last week in Glasgow, I saw them a few times in the past but not for over 20 years. It was a shock when Mark was rolled out in a wheelchair, arm in a sling, looking very frail. But as he rolled around the stage, switching between mic's, messing with the settings on the amps, barking and yelping like a maniac as ever, it was clear he'd lost none of his fire. All his vocals were on cue and his current band are shit hot, tight as f*ck and rocking hard. What started out looking like the sad spectacle of a man who doesn't know when it's time to give up, ended up as the triumphant display of a man refusing to give up till he says so. We are The Fall!
 ripper 10 Nov 2017
In reply to aln:

thanks - as one who sometimes feels like your sad spectacle of a man who doesn't know when it's time give up meself, I found that strangely uplifting
OP Chris H 10 Nov 2017
In reply to aln:

Yes i heard he wasnt so good. MES quote was something like "if its me and my granny on bongos its the fall" brix now looking somewhat granny like. Steve hanley was mainly responsible for the distinctive fall sound so great to see him playing again.
 aln 10 Nov 2017
In reply to Chris H:

Ha! I was just about to post that I'd remembered that quote from Smith. Agree about Hanley, the Hanley/Scanlon years were the classic Fall sound for me. Now if The Extricated could recruit Scanlon...then get Mark on vocals....
 Blue Straggler 11 Nov 2017
In reply to Chris H:

I think it was "If it's me, and your granny on bongos, it's The Fall" in response to comments about the many many line-up changes. Quite possibly apocryphal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...