UKC

Christmas music playlist?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 03 Dec 2012
If you had to compile one, what would you choose?

In my world Fairy tail in New York has been deleted from existence.
Pinged 03 Dec 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

If I had to compile one I'd probably choose to end my own life instead.

There is NO SUCH THING as a good christmas record. They are all puke inducing pocket liners.
In reply to Pinged:

Except for Just Like Christmas by Low, you are entirely correct.
In reply to Pinged:

Gosh! You've taken words out of my mouth. Christmas music actually puts me off Christmas shopping!
Pinged 03 Dec 2012
In reply to John Stainforth:
> (In reply to Pinged)
>
> Gosh! You've taken words out of my mouth. Christmas music actually puts me off Christmas shopping!

Snow is fallin'
all around us
children playin'
havin' fun
tis the season
love and understanding

"I'll be in the car"
 toad 03 Dec 2012
In reply to The Lemming: I really like "I believe in Father Christmas" - all the ELP ridiculous excesses in one schmaltzy bundle. I also have a big soft spot for December will be Magic Again by Kate Bush, possibly because you hardly every hear it.

Fairy Tale has just suffered from ridiculous levels of over exposure as the only credible christmas song (it isn't, but I think someone said this on Radio 1 about 10 years ago, and it went downhill from there)
drmarten 03 Dec 2012
Phil Spector's Christmas album isn't bad at all. Fairytale of New York has been played to death for my ears and I'm a fan of the Pogues. A couple of years back Glasvegas brought out a Christmas EP titled 'A Snowflake Fell (And It Felt Like A Kiss)', the title track and 'F*ck you, it's over' were the best Christmas songs I heard that year. Great when you're putting up the Christmas tree.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...