UKC

Climbing films to inspire new teenage climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich God 3 21 Nov 2012
Exactly what the title says. I'd like to show some climbing films to some young climbers new to the activity - aim - to inspire and entertain them.

Any recommendations?
 Puppythedog 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3: First ascent. First Ascent the series. British try E11 or maybe wideboyz. Committed 1 and 2 are brit and pleasant. I quite enjoy Dosage films too particularly El Cap sections (MrsTheDOg agrees)
MrsTheDog a none climber thinks the best one is the Longhope Route and that is a brilliant film and King Lines.

I think maybe King Lines, Longhope Route, First Ascent Film or series any El cap bit or deep water soloing bit from Dosage.
 jcharles 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3:

I'm told, by those much younger than me, that 'the insiders' on youtube is very good.
 Puppythedog 21 Nov 2012
In reply to jcharles: Good for inside climbing.
 Thelongcon 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3:

Vertical Limit, Cliffhanger, The Eiger Sanction.
Kev Shields 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3: Definitely show them 'Underdeveloped' then. Really inspirational and entertaining......
OP Rich God 3 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3: Thanks all - lots to think about and watch!
 Styx 22 Nov 2012
I would highly recommend "The Sharp End", this shouldn't fail to get a group of teenagers psyched for rock.
 CMcBain 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3:

Not so much a film but the 'Vertical Sailing' series from Patagonia on youtube is great!
 ripper 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3: "Dude where's my harness"?
ice.solo 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3:

anything with ripped girls deep water soloing in bikinis above idyllic coastlines.

sell the dream, not the reality.
 Philo22 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3: Sad to say, Vertical Limit got me into climbing at the tender age of 15...
 Duncan Bourne 24 Nov 2012
In reply to Rich God 3:
"Stone Monkey" Young Johnny doing his stuff
"Best Forgotten Art" Teach 'em how to jam
"Hard Grit" what it says on the tin.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...