UKC

Cycling and Climbing Books

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 07 Dec 2017
Just looking for a couple of suggestions for an interesting read to keep me sane over the Christmas period. Interested in both cycling and climbing so lets have those recommendations for unusual and interesting reads.

Ta!

Removed User 07 Dec 2017
In reply to GravitySucks:

Cycling: Journey to the centre of the Earth by Nick Crane and another Crane, I forget which one. The rode two lightweight racers to the middle of the Goni desert. A masterclass in lightweight 'bike packing.'
 tim000 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Removed UserStuart en Écosse:

Richard crane . good read .
Removed User 07 Dec 2017
In reply to tim000:

That's him. Sorry for the terrible spelling earlier, on a phone without my readers on.

Another great cycling book: One More Kilometre and we're in the Showers. By Tim Hilton. Brilliant journey through Brit and euro cycling lore.
 gethin_allen 08 Dec 2017

How about "the cyclist that went out in the cold" by Tim Moore, I haven't read it yet but, if it's as good as his last book (gironimo) it will be excellent.

I liked racing through the dark by David Millar. If you are into the road racing scene

At the risk if stating the obvious. You have read touching the void haven't you? That is just a great book by any standards
 tim000 09 Dec 2017
In reply to gethin_allen:

yep , good read and some interesting facts in it too . French revolutions is good as well .
 Chris Harris 09 Dec 2017

Ultimate High by Göran Kropp ticks both boxes.
 OMR 09 Dec 2017

Have you checked this very website? - https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3957 Not sure if this was the same expedition that I was looking for - some bloke (not Goran Kropp) also cycles from the Black Sea to Everest. Seems like everybody and their dog has done it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...