UKC

Disenchantment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The Simpsons meets Pratchett plus it has a dark edge to it.

I heartily recommend it - good fun! Tis on Netflix

(By the way, if it's not de rigueur to recommend things in these times of algorithmic suggestions then I can only apologise).

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

I've kept looking at it then deciding against it for a while now, it would be nice if it has some reminiscence of TP. I'm a big fan of him and his oeuvre.

You may have given me the push I needed to press play.

wintertree 16 Nov 2020

I found it very "meh".  Can't recall any of it really.  

"Final Space" on the other hand came out about the same time and become one of my all time favourites - especially for blending humour and a dark edge.

wilkie14c 16 Nov 2020

I was onto this when it first came out and quite enjoyed it, rather like a medieval futurarma.

Ive tried ‘Hoops’ recently and it was bloody awful!

’Big Mouth’ is hilarious though, about a group of teenagers going through puberty. 15 YO daughter put me onto it, It’s good to know where your kids are ‘at’ if you know what I mean. Def NSFW but bloody funny 

nufkin 16 Nov 2020

I thought it was okay, but missing something I can't quite put my finger on. Definitely not as good as, say, Futurama in its heyday.

Also a second for Big Mouth

It looks good too - washed out but with intense colours in places - more ukiyo-e than Fox.

skog 16 Nov 2020

do it do it do it

doitdoitdoit

(Yeah, I like it too, pretty much swords-and-sorcery Futurama but with more of an ongoing plot)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...