UKC

Drunk in the Gym

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AP Melbourne 02 Apr 2018

G'day friends,

Well me 2nd book's comin' along swimmingly thanks but I have to admit I am struggling to wrap it up.

Writers' block? Nah, not really, more that I put so much into the first one that I have to rearrange the chapters that were rejected last time and make them more readable. And legal!!

Considering - particularly The Bells, The Bells! ascent we shared last time was written in an alcoholic 14-hr overnight one-er I thought it came out pretty well.

Of course there are climbers of the 80s/90s era who were much betterer than me - like 'Basher' and Gore, Hamper & Leachy on Limestone and obviously Johnny on grit and Jerry on any rock anywhere around the planet but I feel the few who've since written their stories were never quite so brutally honest as perhaps I was in 'Punk,,'? I'll let you who've read it [three, apparently now] be the judges there but I have to correct two things;. John 'Spider' MacKenzie was from Edinburgh not Glasgow, sorry Spide old bean and if you three seriously believed I was conked out on 'Stellas' not chemicals and weed then kindly direct your complaints to Vertebrate's legal dept.

Cheers,

PS. Random topics welcome and all the UKC interviews will make up my word count.

Cheers,

And. xx

In reply to AP Melbourne:

Will the 2nd book contain details of Yorrick sleeping in the cellar at 84 HH?

Post edited at 19:37
OP AP Melbourne 03 Apr 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> Will the 2nd book contain details of Yorrick sleeping in the cellar at 84 HH?

Can do if you you like Gra, thanks for the subject.

Sadly, it appears I may be refused permission to use any of Glenn Robbins' photos though as he's cut me off as a friend and refuses to speak/text/email me these days since [in his words] I voted 'No' in the gay marriage poll.

But did I actually vote 'no'? Only I know, despite what I may've merely alluded to and I'll take that to my grave. It's heartbreaking to be shunned by such a great old friend - especially over conjecture.

Mick Ward 03 Apr 2018

Andy, irrespective of the photos (and he did brilliant photos) and of differences - real or imagined - try and make your peace with him if you can. It's an awful cliche (but still true!) that life really is too sodding short.  

A stray thought... is there someone like Paul Pritchard or Charlie Creese who could maybe mediate?  I'm sure he's hurting badly too.

All best wishes,

Mick

marsbar 03 Apr 2018

Ffs, if you didn't vote no then just tell him. Life is too short to play stupid games with your friends.  

It clearly matters to him so why would you want to upset someone.  

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but it is obviously upsetting both of you.  Don't let pride ruin a friendship.  (Pun intended)

He might also be p@#$ed off that you used his name in the equivalent of "I'm not racist my friend is black" which I don't blame him for.  (I looked back at the gay marriage thread.  It explains why he thinks you voted no)  

Post edited at 09:17
 gravy 03 Apr 2018

Well if you didn't vote "no" and you're willing to let an old friendship go to the wall for the sake of some, "it's a private matter",  attitude you're a knob. If you did vote "no" you're an arse and if you are trying to hide the fact behind the, "it's a private matter",  you're a bigger arse.

On the balance of things presented here my sympathy on this matter is with your ex-mate Glenn. I also suggest to you that this is a private matter and not for social media and that you are at least as culpable as your mate (and probably more so) for the failure of this friendship. Put yourself back in your box and put this thread in the pub where it will disappear in a couple of weeks.

OP AP Melbourne 03 Apr 2018
In reply to gravy:

Well that was nice ta gravy, ahem, but your "Kn*b" and "a*se" comments merely speak of your complete & utter lack of social [media] etiquette. I do have a tendency to 'shoot from the hip' and 'say it as I see it', granted, but I cop my fair share of flak though am always willing to apologize if I've gone too far.

The loss of such a long-standing friendship is a devastating blow - especially considering there wouldn't even be so many stunning photos were it not for me taking a major hit in my sponsorship money [I actually got good money not just a bit of gear] to provide the 35mm Kodak rolls.

Hence; There was always a Quid-pro-Quo agreement there ,,, Ahh, but what would I know eh, I'm just a "kn*b" and an "ar*e" who went back for the photos and very often felt like sh*tting my Lycras coz I was so very, very scared.

I shan't stoop and insult you back and 100% agree you have the right to speak in your own words. Please though, consider this; Less of the bad language eh.

Cheers,

AP.

subtle 03 Apr 2018

Man, you are the new Al Evans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...