UKC

/ Early music tours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Big Ger - on 16 Apr 2018

Does anyone have a link to organisations, Facebook page, promotions, or any other way of getting notifications of artists touring early music?

I had a link to Musica Viva (https://musicaviva.com.au/) in Aus which gave email notifications of music of interest on tour.

Thanks in advance

Stuart en Écosse - on 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Not off the top of my head but if anything pops up or on my FB surfing I'll try to remember to post.

Tom V - on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

A duo called Haut Bois used to do schools, concerts, festivals. Very entertaining. Still going by the look of it. Used to be based in Boroughbridge.

Big Ger - on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Stuart en Écosse:

Thanks mate.

webbo - on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

There is the York Centre for Early Music. In York of all places as well.

webbo - on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Also the Ryedale Festival lots of events over the summer.

cb294 - on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Not quite what you are looking for, but operabase.com gives you search options by composer, piece, or opera house world wide.

Even more unrelated, you may enjoy allofbach.com (an ongoing attempt to perform the entire BWV, one piece per week) and operavision.eu (an EU subsidised program to produce and stream operas from 30 theatres Europe wide).

CB

RX-78 on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Have you checked out the National centre for early music in york? It has a website, migjt have links for tours etc

RX-78 on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to RX-78:

Ah, see already mentioned, that is the problem with not reading all of a collapsed thread.

Big Ger - on 18 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Many thanks again. I have that early music centre in York on my facebook feed. They are quite eclectic. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.