UKC

Fortitude

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hillseeker 14 Jun 2019

Just started watching this. 

It’s supposed to be set in the Arctic circle? I noted that a waitress told a customer the WiFi password in her establishment was landofthemidnightsun <all one word>

And yet there are regular changes between day and night! One of the characters even says we have to get home before night falls! 

Do the producers of this show think we are stupid?

Rant over.

Blue Straggler 14 Jun 2019
In reply to Hillseeker:

Midnight sun is seasonal.

In reply to Hillseeker:

I gave up with it, couldn't really engage with wherever it was supposed to be.  A mish-mash of accents and some rather dubious geography, as you've illustrated.  Not for me.

T.

OP Hillseeker 14 Jun 2019
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Ah, ok, wondered if I was being hypercritical!

Rigid Raider 14 Jun 2019
In reply to Hillseeker:

Surely at the equinoxes there will be 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark in Arctic regions?

Post edited at 11:19
 Blue Straggler 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Hillseeker:

> Do the producers of this show think we are stupid?

I do enjoy re-reading this from your OP

(no offence)

In reply to Hillseeker:

I rate this as one of the worst things I've ever been hoodwinked into watching. (like so many Sky productions: Good cast terrible everything else) Toughed my way through season one (to my regret) and not remotely tempted to go back to it.

Didn't watch Chernobyl at first because I was determined to avoid all Sky productions because of it. (Got persuaded by the good reviews and favourable comments on here and elsewhere) 

Stichtplate 19 Jun 2019
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Whatever you do, don’t go anywhere near Curfew. Truly dire.

In reply to Stichtplate:

> Whatever you do, don’t go anywhere near Curfew. Truly dire.

Luckily I approached with extreme caution and saw some awful reviews which, combined with my Fortitude experience, ensured I wasn't tempted. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...