UKC

Gambit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ava Adore 26 Nov 2012
Anyone seen this at the cinema? Without giving any of the plot away, is it worth seeing? Scratching around for things to see at the cinema that I haven't already seen or have no interest in.
 ripper 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: not seen it yet either - I'm usually a fan of coen brothers movies but not of anything starring colin firth or cameron diaz, so quite conflicted over this one...
 Blue Straggler 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

It looks like just the kind of shite that you love
OP Ava Adore 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Excellent. I might give it a go then
OP Ava Adore 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

P.S. Would you like to borrow The Tourist?
 Blue Straggler 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

Go on then! It's from the guy who directed The Lives of Others, and that managed to have a bit of cheese factor despite its subject matter, so The Tourist might make a good drinking game
 Dave B 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

I really want to see it, but the reviews have been awful...
What Goes Up 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Yup, I've read that it's a pile of crap, and the trailer I saw has only confirmed that. Watched The Master the other day - that was good if it's on near you.
OP Ava Adore 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

All these people with a view and none of them seen it

If I go later this week I shall feed back. (With the proviso that, as Blue says, the kind of movie I enjoy is usually everyone else's pile of shite)
What Goes Up 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Seen it yet? Was it as bad as I'd like it not to be?
OP Ava Adore 30 Nov 2012
In reply to What Goes Up:

Didn't go in the end. Was planning a trip to the cinema tonight or Saturday and it's only on at a really stupid time now.
 Alyson 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Have you seen End of Watch? If that's on at your cinema I recommend it, even if you think it doesn't sound like your cup of tea you could give it a go. I thought it was fantastic.
 Blue Straggler 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

You might like Argo, it might be on at a sensible time for you. It looks less "Ava's kind of shite" than does Gambit, though
 anaesthetic 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/kermode - this film review podcast's pretty good (apologies if you know it already!), usually find their recommendations good.

Not seen Gambit myself but having seen trailer and heard Kermode's review (poor considering the cast and coens) thought I'd give it a miss!

Saw Silver Lining Playbook this week, really liked it. Good performances and liked the family dynamic aspect.

End of Watch next for me, all reviews I've seen/heard along the lines of 'great despite unnecessary found footage element'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...