UKC

Geordie Shore

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 15 Nov 2012
Somebody please tell me that the people are actors.

How the hell has this show been given air-time?
 Kimono 15 Nov 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
Oh lord, please tell me this isnt a UK version of the execrable Jersey Shore...please
 ripper 15 Nov 2012
In reply to The Lemming: I haven't seen it but it's that new hell-spawned style of programming called 'scripted reality', much like the Essex one and the Chelsea one (haven't actually watched those either, and have no intention of doing so). Apparently there's also one set in South Wales. Cripes - how the hell do I know this stuff?
 Reach>Talent 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ripper:
Apparently there's also one set in South Wales.

Will this be like the documentary Twin Town?
Sarah G 15 Nov 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
yesterday i heard a description of the North East as a "holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show".

Sx
 pebbles 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ripper: can anyone describe how "scripted reality" actually works? I know "the people are real but some of the situations have been set up for your entertainment" but to what extent? Do they get told to go to a certrtain club, apply for a job, have a party? how far does the suggesting go? asking someone out?
 ripper 15 Nov 2012
In reply to pebbles: no idea I'm afraid - and I don't want to know any more than I already do! merely being aware that these 'shows' exist makes me feel like I've died a little inside...
 graeme jackson 15 Nov 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
You'd have been better off watching Geordies Overboard. a 2 part documentary about the fortunes (and otherwise) of the Blyth Volunteer lifeboat and her crew. Real People in real situations with none of that 'reality TV ' crap. Showed Blyth folk in their true colours (and made me slightly homesick at the same time.
 ThunderCat 15 Nov 2012
In reply to graeme jackson:
> (In reply to The Lemming)
> You'd have been better off watching Geordies Overboard. a 2 part documentary about the fortunes (and otherwise) of the Blyth Volunteer lifeboat and her crew. Real People in real situations with none of that 'reality TV ' crap. Showed Blyth folk in their true colours (and made me slightly homesick at the same time.

I took my driving test in Blyth. Specifically chosen by my instructor because it's very flat and hard to find a place to do a hill start...

graeme jackson 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ThunderCat:
> (In reply to graeme jackson)
> [...]
>
> I took my driving test in Blyth. Specifically chosen by my instructor because it's very flat and hard to find a place to do a hill start...

there's one behind the dole office leading up to St Cuthbert's church. That's where I did mine. chances are, if you learned to drive in Blyth you'd have done your reverse turns round the top of my mum's street as every learner driver in the Uk seems to go there.

ajsteele 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ripper:

I don't think Geordie Shore is scripted reality, they are given a job and a house to live in but then its just filming a bunch of idiots getting wasted and trying to pull. Scripted reality like the Essex one is more like Eastenders but with a pretence that its all real when most likely none of it is, or at most very little of it.
 ripper 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ajsteele: I bow to your superior knowledge
 andy 15 Nov 2012
In reply to kieran b: why is there a thread about this now? It's been on for about three years. One of them used to work for my old firm in a call centre. She wee'ed herself on the first show.

Class.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...