UKC

Godfather, part 3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ThunderCat 15 Apr 2022

Parts 1 and 2. Masterpieces. Watched them countless times. 

I've never watched part three because of the negative reviews but being a bit bored tonight I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and try it 

It really is terrible, isn't it. I've forced myself to watch 1 hr 45 minutes of it in the hope it's going to get better. But it's not.

Michael Corleone isn't Michael Corleone anymore . He's just shouty Al Pacino. And Sophie Coppolla. I wonder how she got the part? 😂

I've just realised that Dune started streaming tonight. I'm going to try that instead. 

OP ThunderCat 15 Apr 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

It's finished. I stuck with it to the end.

Dire

In reply to ThunderCat:

> Parts 1 and 2. Masterpieces. Watched them countless times. 

> I've never watched part three because of the negative reviews but being a bit bored tonight I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and try it 

> It really is terrible, isn't it. I've forced myself to watch 1 hr 45 minutes of it in the hope it's going to get better. But it's not.

> Michael Corleone isn't Michael Corleone anymore . He's just shouty Al Pacino. And Sophie Coppolla. I wonder how she got the part? 😂

> I've just realised that Dune started streaming tonight. I'm going to try that instead. 

I was thinking about watching 3 the other day after watching 1 and 2 on consecutive weekends but the reviews put me off two. Thanks for taking one for the team and saving me the time.

Al Pacino just doesn't do it for me. I liked him in the first two but he has grated on me since and I've not enjoyed anything with him in after TGP2.

mountainbagger 16 Apr 2022
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> Al Pacino just doesn't do it for me. I liked him in the first two but he has grated on me since and I've not enjoyed anything with him in after TGP2.

I liked "Scent of a Woman" (sounds creepy as a film title these days!) and "Heat" but now I'm wondering whether that's because they were great films and not because of Al Pacino. Will have to watch them again sometime.

Tom Valentine 16 Apr 2022
In reply to mountainbagger:

Pacino's finest role was Arthur Scargill.

DaveHK 16 Apr 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I've just realised that Dune started streaming tonight. I'm going to try that instead. 

I watched Dune without a lot of knowledge or expectation and rather enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to part 2.

Tony Buckley 16 Apr 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

I've watched it.  Once.  Life's too short to give it another go.

My record time to from 'This might be interesting' to 'No, it's really not' was 70 seconds.  Can't remember the name of the film exactly but it started with someone parachuting into the caldera of an exploding volcano.  What happened beyond the 70 second mark I don't know and don't really care.

Godfather III was better than that but been there, watched that, ain't going back.

T.

lorentz 16 Apr 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

The family guy take on the godfather...

youtube.com/watch?v=0pnwE_Oy5WI&

I've never been able to watch it in the same light since. 😁

Post edited at 11:15
 Vigier 16 Apr 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

The highlight for me was when Sophie Coppola got shot - that voice!!!!

OP ThunderCat 16 Apr 2022
In reply to lorentz:

> The family guy take on the godfather...

> I've never been able to watch it in the same light since. 😁

Before I watch this... Does it insist upon itself? 😂

Edited - yup, thought it was that clip. 😂😂 "ROBERT DUVALL!" 

Post edited at 21:34
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> I was thinking about watching 3 the other day after watching 1 and 2 on consecutive weekends but the reviews put me off two. Thanks for taking one for the team and saving me the time.

> Al Pacino just doesn't do it for me. I liked him in the first two but he has grated on me since and I've not enjoyed anything with him in after TGP2.

It feels like it's easy to forget that it's the same actor sometimes. He just seems to be one of those actors that pretty much plays himself. A bit shouty. He didn't t have that in 1 and 2. 

I just finally set down to watch number 3 for the sake of completing the trilogy I think. But you're right, save yourself the time. Don't bother.

Similarly I watched Many Saints Of Newark laat week after bingeing the Sopranos. Seriously let down

In reply to DaveHK:

> I watched Dune without a lot of knowledge or expectation and rather enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to part 2.

Yeah! I enjoyed it but annoyingly fell asleep half way through it. No reflection on the movie, just happened to be the end of a long night with the first EVER sleepover of both granddaughters at the same time. They finally went to sleep with Mrs TC, so I crept in the man room to watch it and Zzzzzz... 

Might try it again now. 

Hiking_Dad 04 May 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

Kinda like Highlander 2, don't do it! Some may say that about Highlander but as a teenager I loved it.

abh 04 May 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

Sorry, what channel is it on...I watched Dune at the cinema a few mon ths back and fell asleep - had been a long week, just enjoyed the peace and quiet, the dark etc

OP ThunderCat 04 May 2022
In reply to abh:

> Sorry, what channel is it on...I watched Dune at the cinema a few mon ths back and fell asleep - had been a long week, just enjoyed the peace and quiet, the dark etc

We've got NOW tv...I think it might be on Sky movies?  (not sure, I just saw the preview box and clicked watch)

OP ThunderCat 04 May 2022
In reply to Hiking_Dad:

> Kinda like Highlander 2, don't do it! Some may say that about Highlander but as a teenager I loved it.

First Highlander is great.  i can probably recite it word for word, in a sad nerdy way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...