UKC

Goldstone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lrunner 26 Nov 2019

If anyone is looking for something to watch there is a fantastic neo western on iplayer at the moment called Goldstone. Its a sequel to Mystery Road and about an Outback detective which flew under the radar when it was released. As good as Taylor Sheridan's wind river. 

Amazing score too. 

steveriley 26 Nov 2019
In reply to Lrunner:

Funny you should say that - I watched it at around the same time as Wind River, and couldn't help compare the two. Enjoyed the soundtrack too.

Tom Valentine 26 Nov 2019
In reply to steveriley:

This is a very confusing topic. From what I can gather:

2013 Mystery Road . Film. 118 mins.

2016 Goldstone. Film. 110 mins.

2018 Mystery Road. TV series. 

Aaron Pedersen plays Jay the alcoholic native cop in all of them. Judy Davis plays his boss in the TV series. 

I'm left thinking I might never have seen the 2013 original.

OP Lrunner 26 Nov 2019
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I think the TV series is supposed to be set in between mystery road and Goldstone but I'm not sure,. Wasn't a massive fan of the series, the plot didn't make much sense to me.

LAwrence

Bellie 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Lrunner:

Ive looked into this after enjoying Mystery Road (the series) followed by Goldstone.

... and being a bit confused.

Apparently it was Mystery Road film, then Goldstone.

Then... as they thought it worked well they created a stand alone series which didn't relate to either, just set with Jay as the main character.

The original film DVD is on my xmas list : ) having just watched Goldstone again which reminded me how good it was.

Post edited at 11:32
 lorentz 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Lrunner:

Top film. Loved Goldstone. Great news it's on iplayer. 

Thanks. Was unaware of Mystery Road film and series, so will add them to my Cinema Paradiso list (DVD through post, Lovefilm alternative.) 

Cheers 

Post edited at 15:09
 Tom Valentine 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Lrunner:

There was a fairly good conspiracy thriller on BBC4 called The Code co-starring Pedersen and now I'm on the lookout for a film called The Killing Ground.

Looking this up has led me to discover that the excellent Peter Temple novels featuring Jack Irish have been filmed and needless to say AP has a leading role.

Post edited at 15:44
 Offwidth 28 Nov 2019
In reply to lorentz:

It was a good film but the plot was all rather telegraphed... so less a detective thriller and more a contemplation on the sense of inevitability of a constant fight against crime, corruption and despoilation of the land : and the harsh beauty of the desert and the modern state of the aboriginal people and those who joined them to live there.

Post edited at 10:38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...