UKC

Great pick up tune - getting me through the day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 08 Jan 2021

Anyone looking for a cool pick me up dance tune, I've recently discovered Jason Voorn's mix of 'Safe' by Monkey Safari

Even the lyrics are beautiful in the context of the song.*

If you've not been moved clubbing, you may not like this though - that's my trigger warning

(*See, it's clearly picked me up!)

TechnoJim 08 Jan 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Nice that. Proper festival sundowner tune. Reminds me of 'Time' by Pachanga Boys.

TechnoJim 08 Jan 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

I think we might have discussed music on here before? Anyway, Four Tet released a couple of new albums just before Christmas, 'Parallels' is lush and soothing, might be up your street if you've not already checked it out.

Jim

Shani 08 Jan 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

> Anyone looking for a cool pick me up dance tune, I've recently discovered Jason Voorn's mix of 'Safe' by Monkey Safari

Cracking tune.

Blue Straggler 08 Jan 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

I have a pick-up album,  a CD "panic bought" in a recent local sweep of charity shops. 

Motown Chartbusters Vol. 5

Usually I take my Motown classic (and non-classics) in small doses but somehow this particular volume is really engaging me (I have Vols. 1 and 3 too, and you'd expect no. 5 in a "franchise" to be diminishing returns, but it's the best one!). It's an education too, as some of the "hits" are new to me. 
Particular highlights are "Heaven Help Us All" by Stevie Wonder, and "I'll Be There" by (The?) Jackson Five. 

99p! 

elliot.baker 08 Jan 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Will give this a listen in the morning. 

I found a nice pick me up tune - I feel better by Hot Chip. 

does what it says on the tin!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...