UKC

Hippity Hop

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Indie and Dance gets you a long way then you must reject everything and this is what Hippity Hop is for 👊

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Bit early to be on the eckies innit?

Blap blap!

Puzzling array of downvotes considering I was extolling the virtues of a musical genre.

Anyway, being no expert in Hippity Hop; beyond liking some Prof. Green and Stormzy; perhaps a more learned person will be along to suggest other artists 👍

lorentz 17:38 Sun

A "Hap Hip" classic - Nas: New York State of Mind 

youtube.com/watch?v=hI8A14Qcv68&

(NSFW... Caution contains profanity & offensive language)

if you like Professor Green then maybe Buck 65 and Princess Superstar can be thrown into that sub genre of comfortable white middle class hip hop  😃 I am a fan of all three 

> Puzzling array of downvotes

This is UKC , they like proper (white male) bands with proper instruments (guitar, bass and drums) and proper singing 😜

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Either that or perhaps I'm guilty of cultural appropriation? You can't help what you like though! 100 Miles And Runnin' now playing

ThunderCat 21:25 Sun

I'm more "chip shop" than "hip-hop" so I'm not an expert (more of a rock / grunge type) but I remember hearing this when I was very young and remember thinking it was amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBG8tS0slsU&

"television, the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation..."

Crewey-Rob 21:38 Sun
In reply to ThunderCat:

Awesome!

'Tis I - 'Phantom Disliker' under my latest nom de plume; using an account that has been dormant for many a year.

Thank Christ no-ones mentioned Vanilla Ice yet

Cheers
C-R

ThunderCat 21:51 Sun
In reply to Crewey-Rob:

> Awesome!

> 'Tis I - 'Phantom Disliker' under my latest nom de plume; using an account that has been dormant for many a year.

> Thank Christ no-ones mentioned Vanilla Ice yet

> Cheers

> C-R

Mate, I would never light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle...

Crewey-Rob 21:53 Sun
In reply to ThunderCat:

😆😆😆

Lankyman 09:01 Mon

> This is UKC , they like proper (white male) bands with proper instruments (guitar, bass and drums) and proper singing 😜

You mean like Jimmy Hendrix? Yes, absolute legend.

In reply to Lankyman:

> You mean like Jimmy Hendrix? Yes, absolute legend.

Is that a Jimi Hendrix tribute band? 

Lankyman 13:06 Mon

> Is that a Jimi Hendrix tribute band? 

The one and only James Marshall

In reply to Lankyman:

> The one and only James Marshall

Off Twin Peaks?! Guitar skills. 

youtube.com/watch?v=CNBYrMZeWZM&

48 hours of Hippity Hop is enough. Feeling nauseous now like I've backed into a musical dead end. Marshall Bruce Mathers III is a spoiled egotistical little disrespectful chavvie git and I don't care if he sticks a pop (or is it pops a stick?) in my ass for saying as much. What a load of rubbish ☹

BrendanO 18:03 Mon
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I'm more "chip shop" than "hip-hop" so...

In that case, I need no more excuse to listen again to the wonderful Tickle and his Edinburgh-based “Chip Shop”

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ0gz_BC3bA&

(because this IS UKC, I will point out that its a spoof of Dead Prez Hip Hop. But it stands, wheezing for breath, on its own feet)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...