UKC

Homeland finale - spoiler alert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy 24 Dec 2012
Blimey - that was a turn up, eh? I assume we think Abu Nazir is actually dead (ie the CIA would have DNA tested the body). But when/how did the bomb get in Brody's car? Did he put it there? Or is he the "innocent" victim?
 JohnnyW 24 Dec 2012
In reply to andy:

I loved the first series, thought it had a poor ending, geared to produce the second. Then I loved the second. And now, just when I want to be mad at the producers for yet another construed ending, I'm gripped.

I watch no other TV at all, but this has me enthralled.
 beardy mike 24 Dec 2012
In reply to andy: six months. How the hell do they think we can wait that long.
 Tom Valentine 24 Dec 2012
In reply to andy:

Yes, in spite of the bullet holes in his chest I would have been happier if they had put the final stitch under his nose.
In reply to JohnnyW:

Top marks for any drama that can be accused of being simultaneously Islamophobic and anti-Semitic.....
G Graham 24 Dec 2012
In reply to andy:
So, Quinn, Saul and Carrie have all seen the tape prior to the news story.
I rather enjoyed the plot twist with Quinn paying a visit to Estes.
I can't help but think the story should have just ended with Brodie and Carrie going off together. The next series will need to be pretty special.
G Graham 24 Dec 2012
In reply to Tom Valentine:
I think for those of us who aren't as clever as you, you'll need to explain...
 MtnGeekUK 24 Dec 2012
In reply to andy:

Anyone know where I can stream Season 1 (preferably legally)?!
In reply to G Graham:

Do you mean about Nadir's burial at sea or the criticisms levelled against the producers?
In reply to andy:

Only just watched this due to being away over Christmas.

I thought it was another brilliant ending. The second series started well with that superb episode where Carrie went to Baghdad (or wherever it was) but went a bit off the rails with the nonsense like the remote pacemaker on the vice-president. I also thought the hit and run incident with the daughter seemed to be a little pointless. (The daughter, incidentally, who seems to combine being an extreme emo-monster with occasional pearls of wisdom).

The ending though was great again (as I thought the ending was in the first series contrary to a comment above). I wasn't sure how they could create a third series but they have managed to do it brilliantly.

The best bit is the fact that they have re-introduced the question in our minds about whether Brody is actually still a bomber.

One dodgy plot bit, or indication that Brody was in on it, was the fact that Carrie and Brody left the service. Seemed curious but necessary for them to survive and get away.

Alan
 Milesy 04 Jan 2013
The Baghdad scenes had an ocean. I am assuming probably filmed in Cyprus or Turkey or something.
 Sharp 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> I also thought the hit and run incident with the daughter seemed to be a little pointless. (The daughter, incidentally, who seems to combine being an extreme emo-monster with occasional pearls of wisdom).

It was filler but it was well acted so I don't mind as much, in fact the acting is superb from all the main characters. I think Dayna is quite believable as a character, all too often side roles just get bypassed and predictably cast yet Homeland seems to have found a few attention holding side stories.

> One dodgy plot bit, or indication that Brody was in on it, was the fact that Carrie and Brody left the service. Seemed curious but necessary for them to survive and get away.

Yeah but it didn't look like it was Brody that initiated them getting out, Carrie gave him the look and they disappeared so she could tell him she wanted to leave the CIA. To be honest, they'd have to mangle the plot pretty badly to make it look like it was him who did it this time, his lines and the way he acted it made it perfectly clear he was shocked. (the only part where there was the hint of something wrong was where he "looked sad" and then said he was wasn't, he seemed hesitant, like he was thinking, "shit, that bombs about to go off and Carrie's just told me she'll be with me".) The bit where they saw the tape on the news he seemed genuinely shocked and why would they have used the old tape and not a new one? The way they built Brody's character up it was always about getting the VP and the thing that held him back was the loss of innocent life - he'd already done the VP in so why would he have still gone ahead with it, killing Carrie as well if she hadn't got them out.

Also, if it was him he'd have to have been acting with someone else (to release the tape when he's done it) which would make Season 2 a complete fraud, as Brody would have to have been communicating with these people despite the fact that it wasn't included in the script. I would hope that most writers will have learned from series' like Lost that people just don't like that sh*t.

If they do make it him that did it they've totally misrepresented his character in Season 2.
 Sharp 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> The Baghdad scenes had an ocean. I am assuming probably filmed in Cyprus or Turkey or something.

Tel Aviv. USA and Israel forever.
 Milesy 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Sharp:

Ah. Bonus get some joint anti islam propoganda thrown in there.
 Fat Bumbly2 04 Jan 2013
"Baghdad" was meant to be "Beiruit". As said above, filmed in Tel Aviv.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...