UKC

How is this not a prime time sport?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 12 Jul 2019

Go onto Youtube and search Medieval combat. There's no WWF Wrestling fakery going on here.

youtube.com/watch?v=S_1DDRYikMc&

Gone for good 12 Jul 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

This is how they should fight future General Elections. Boris and Jezza in armed combat fight to the death. Winner takes all! 

Bob Kemp 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

I'd expect something like the Monty Python Black Knight fight, only they'd both be lying about their injuries.

subtle 12 Jul 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

I watched some speed climbing tonight for the first time, must admit I was sceptical but it was actually good and entertaining 

cant imagine many politicians taking part though - and as for mainstream viewing we shall see what happens come the olympics - it’s better than darts or snooker to watch

Dax H 12 Jul 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

There was a series about this on sky recently. 

First round was a 6 man melee, 3 go through based on judges decision, 3 fight again. 1 goes through 2 go home. 

The 4 are paired off and go 2 on 2. The winning 2 then go one on one against each other. 

It was brutal and the level of effort that it takes is massive. 

Donotello 13 Jul 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

Absolutely no skill or tactics demonstrated in this. It’s just a bunch of hard heads who can’t see out of the helmet smacking the sides of a sword onto each other and hoping for the best. Only way you’re likely to go down is if you lose your balance from all the poles and the like being aimlessly swung around..

Removed User 13 Jul 2019
In reply to Dax H:

>  First round was a 6 man melee, 3 go through based on judges decision, 3 fight again. 1 goes through 2 go home. The 4 are paired off and go 2 on 2. The winning 2 then go one on one against each other.

It just needs a jousting round to make it a complete discipline.

Though there'd probably be a high chance of injuring the horses, and the bonus round of dispatching them with a pole-axe probably wouldn't go down very well with the IOC.

Dax H 13 Jul 2019
In reply to Donotello:

> Absolutely no skill or tactics demonstrated in this. 

Having done some lessons in sword fighting with the medieval weapons guild I can assure you there is a massive amount of skill involved. I trained with single handed, double handed swords, daggers and pole axe for a few months and found it as hard as any other martial art I have tried (and failed at) 

Tom Valentine 13 Jul 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

Just looks like an Olde Worlde version of ice hockey to me.

aln 14 Jul 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

*Why

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...