UKC

Music on the BBC Review Show

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 20 Mar 2018

Does anyone else remember the Late Review/Review show that used to air on BBC2 in the 90's and 00's. There was a lot of bookish, and often pretentious critical stuff but also at the end of the show they'd often have a live band in.

I specifically remember Jane's Addiction performing Been Caught Stealing and Rage Against the Machine doing Bullet in the Head.

The performances were often brilliant but I can't find anything on the BBC or Youtube and I'm beginning to doubt my own memory.

The beeb also compiled a load of the live music into a few hour long specials and they were superb - but again I can find no trace.

Chris the Tall 20 Mar 2018
In reply to pasbury:

Legendary performance by the Stone Roses 

youtube.com/watch?v=HDRz3H30NmY&

"Amatuers !"

Blue Straggler 20 Mar 2018
In reply to pasbury:

> The beeb also compiled a load of the live music into a few hour long specials and they were superb - but again I can find no trace.

One of them was called "No Nirvana", featuring a bunch of performances from American guitar bands who were not Nirvana (Belly, Sonic Youth etc) - I am pretty sure that one will be on YouTube

Blue Straggler 20 Mar 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Legendary performance by the Stone Roses 

> "Amatuers !"

Legendary aye

pasbury 20 Mar 2018
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Yes that was probably the one with Jane's Addiction and RATM on! I'll see if I can find it.

Blue Straggler 21 Mar 2018
In reply to pasbury:

> Yes that was probably the one with Jane's Addiction and RATM on! I'll see if I can find it.

In case somehow you didn't find it, 

youtube.com/watch?v=BOrd1jNyXwY&

Missing some Pearl Jam and RATM apparently (according to comments), possibly due to rights.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...