UKC

New HMHB album next month

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ben b 20 Jan 2022

Great news! The Voltarol Years - CD out in 4 weeks, vinyl in about 6 months.

I'm off to get the hedge cut...

b

kmsands 20 Jan 2022
In reply to ben b:

Much rejoicing in my household at this.

Weirdly, it was the song 'Mod Diff V Diff Hard Severe' on their last album that got me (at the time just a hillwalker and scrambler) thinking about climbing again, reading about climbing, and by turns, to actually taking it up (in my mid-40s). If ever I reach a level of climbing ability where I put up a new route on Glyder Fach, I'm calling it 'Evening of Swing (Has Been Cancelled)'.

In reply to kmsands:

That song made me feel a bit like a parody. I've even got a pumpkin paramo jacket.

steveriley 20 Jan 2022
In reply to ben b:

Sing hosanna, things must have been going well in the creative hub. I had cause to write something about Royden Park today. Not a bat walk though

In reply to ben b:

Brilliant news, this has brought a smile to my face. 

OP ben b 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Boris's Johnson:

Hallelujah!

b

OP ben b 20 Jan 2022
In reply to kmsands:

Any song namechecking John Menlove Edwards and the ghost of Kirkus has to be on a Snowdonia bound climber's playlist, surely? The release of an HMHB album always sets off a frenzy of lyric transcription at halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk - getting most of the lyrics to that song right and an acknowledgement on the site is one of my life's proudest achievements!

cheers

b

Huddy 20 Jan 2022
In reply to ben b:

It’s the bloody marvellous news isn’t it.

We are going to watch them in Leeds after a day on the grit. Done it a couple of times when they played holmfirth picturedrome, it makes for a bloody good day. 

Voltarol Years is a strong album title 

russellcampbell 21 Jan 2022
In reply to ben b:

Had to Google this. Knew about HMHB but had only heard Trumpton Riots. Watched a few tracks on YouTube. Very witty. Must investigate further. Thanks for pointing me in their direction.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...