UKC

Now that you've all heard of Hooverphonic...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Carless 26 May 2021

well, if you watched Eurovision...

Here's a video of when they were auditioning for a new singer some years ago which contains a series of remarkably attractive female singers

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgx96m

True Hooverphonic fans should recognise who won the audition  NB. It's not their current singer

Blue Straggler 26 May 2021
In reply to Carless:

How many singers have they HAD? I have their album The Magnificent Tree from 2000 (iirc bought for £1.99 in an Oxfam in just cos XFM were playing the "Mad About You" single a lot and I liked it).

I think that was with the first singer but maybe there was one or more before her? Are they still going? Were they involved on Eurovision? 

Blue Straggler 26 May 2021
In reply to Carless:

Six, or seven if you count Geike's return as a "new" singer! Wow

OP Carless 27 May 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I had assumed that the 2 guys must be a pain as they've got through so many singers but apparently all the ones who left have left on good terms

No 11 won this audition but she only stayed 4 years though I think she sang on probably their biggest hit Amalfi  youtube.com/watch?v=1fDdcrs9X10&

Post edited at 14:33
 Blue Straggler 27 May 2021
In reply to Carless:

> I had assumed that the 2 guys must be a pain as they've got through so many singers but apparently all the ones who left have left on good terms

I wonder if all the singers were using Hooverphonic as a dress rehearsal / career stepping stone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...