UKC

Petticoats and Pinnacles: Scotland's pioneering mountain women

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elsewhere 10 Jul 2021

National Library of Scotland.

The exhibition will run from 10 July 2021 to 28 May 2022. Free but must be booked.

https://www.nls.uk/exhibitions/petticoats-and-pinnacles/

Post edited at 11:07
 digby 10 Jul 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

I'm exasperated by this booking thing with museums and galleries. Asda doesn't require it. I can go to Aldi and mingle with dozens of other punters admiring the produce. They display the number of people allowed into their stores - it's usually hundreds. 
So what is it... let's crack down where we can but don't need to?

Rob Parsons 10 Jul 2021
In reply to digby:

> I'm exasperated by this booking thing with museums and galleries.  ...

The NLS exhibition area is a fairly small space.

digby 10 Jul 2021
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Must be bigger than Musselburgh Aldi - 146 allowed in! 

Philip 10 Jul 2021
In reply to digby:

Traceability and load balancing.

digby 10 Jul 2021
In reply to Philip:

Not in Aldi! Or any other shop. Definitely no traceability. Possibly digital head counting.
The footfall in galleries and museums must be infinitesimal compared to retail. A click counter would suffice. There's always someone at the door.

Post edited at 20:22
 Rob Parsons 10 Jul 2021
In reply to digby:

> Must be bigger than Musselburgh Aldi - 146 allowed in! 

I have no idea about the Aldi in Musselburgh. But the exhibition space in the NLS is small, and bear in mind that this is busy tourist season so there'll be plenty of potential walk-ups.

I am not defending the protocols (if any) in shops. But having to book in advance for this exhibition makes sense to me.

Philip 10 Jul 2021
In reply to digby:

No, the museums. Where you mill about and can be in close contact with someone for a while.

digby 11 Jul 2021
In reply to Philip:

I'm an inveterate museum and gallery goer and that's not how it works. You are describing the Aldi experience.

digby 11 Jul 2021
In reply to digby:

Anyway I'm talking generally. There are always shows that have had booking as they attract crowds. You don't normally experience that, and certainly not being in close contact with anyone for a while.

Philip 11 Jul 2021
In reply to digby:

I think if you're behaving like that in Aldi you might be asked not to return.

digby 11 Jul 2021
In reply to Philip:

Haha! They won't even ask you to wear a mask. If you can find an Aldi (or any other shop) that actually has shoppers practicing social distancing you are very lucky. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...