UKC

Prof.Mick Aston

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 25 Jun 2013
The Time Team had a huge following so it is likely that some if not many of you will be aware of Mick Aston and his stripey jumpers.

Mick has died at the age of 66 after doing more than probably anyone to switch the public consciousness on to their heritage and archaeology. I was lucky enough to get to know him a bit, through a University event and The Time Team. He didn't keep well over the past ten years but was still active and giving his all wherever he felt he could make a difference.

Aside from his contributions to academia and UK heritage, he was also a lovely man. RIP.
Removed User 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Removed User:

What a shame, he seemed like a nice bloke.

andyathome 25 Jun 2013
He was a total, total star. 'Time Team' was the sort of programme that television was really invented for; education and entertainment. No dross. Tragedy that it got perverted.
 Mooncat 25 Jun 2013

Had the pleasure to meet him a few times myself, he was a grumpy cantankerous old bastard but in a kind of pleasant English eccentric way. He'll be missed

RIP Mick.
Jim C 25 Jun 2013
> The Time Team had a huge following so it is likely that some if not many of you will be aware of Mick Aston and his stripey jumpers.
>
> Thanks for posting, I did not hear that, sad to hear that he died, and at only 66. Many enjoyable hours spent with the family watching him and the Team.

Bulls Crack 26 Jun 2013

'Interpreting the Landscape' is a great read for a textbook.
 dale1968 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Removed User: His jumper is on display in Taunton Museum
 Lankyman 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Removed User: yes, a sad loss at such a relatively young age. He wasn't that interested in the Roman stuff but his enthusiasm and intellect shone through.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...