UKC

QOTSA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 15 Jan 2020

I go through phases in the kinda music I listen to. Rock, funk, electronica, punk, Americana etc. I feel like some alt rock. I've heard everything I've heard by the Queens but never bought one of their albums. What's their best?

iknowfear 15 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

Songs for the Deaf

Stein 15 Jan 2020
In reply to iknowfear:

Second this!

You can also check out Kyuss, previous band of Josh Homme, a bit different genre though.

OP aln 15 Jan 2020
In reply to Stein:

Thanks. I know Kyuss and the desert rock history etc, just haven't bought any of the music.

cb294 15 Jan 2020
In reply to iknowfear:

Good, but Rated R is better.

CB

Sl@te Head 15 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

The 'Them Crooked Vultures' album is worth a listen, not really  QOTSA but a side project with John Paul Jones and Dave Grohl....

Snyggapa 15 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

Songs for the deaf. 

For an something a bit trippy I highly recommend this though. Doesn't really get going until 6 or so minutes in but stick with it..

youtube.com/watch?v=PGHgpVU3UuU&

Paul Sagar 15 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

Rated R is the true classic. 

Songs for the Deaf is good but is when they started getting loads of MTV air play so you have the like it secretly and look down on people who say it is their best. 

Paul Sagar 15 Jan 2020

Also, Kyuss were better. Welcome to Sky Valley and Blues for the Red Sun are superb and well worth a spin. 

In reply to aln:

Era Vulgaris shouldn't be overlooked - loads of manic energy

Dell 16 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

Kyuss were far superior than Qotsa in my biased opinion. 

Also checkout Clutch.  

OP aln 19 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

I went with Songs For the Deaf. From the moment that first riff hit me over the head I was hooked, loving it. I don't know if it's coz I'd only heard the radio friendly stuff before, but it's heavier than I expected. Sounds fantastic up loud in the car.

OP aln 19 Jan 2020
In reply to aln:

I just listened/watched this, which is fabulous!

youtube.com/watch?v=dq8YcRi7DD4&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...