UKC

Rach Three

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 15 Jan 2023

A rare treat this evening on BBC4  Yeol Eum Son (hope I got that right) playing the wonderful Third Piano concerto of Rachmaninoff. It’s quite a watch. TV can do these things so brilliantly. Catch up on I player.

veteye 15 Jan 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Not familiar w the pianist, but the 3rd piano concerto is really enjoyable. I'll watch out.

There was a good program on R3 earlier about the harpsichordist Scott Ross, who had a complicated and busy life, including recording all 550 or so Scarlatti sonatas in just 3 years.

OP Rog Wilko 15 Jan 2023
In reply to veteye:

Neither was I. Thrilling playing, especially the third movement, played at breakneck speed.

veteye 15 Jan 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I'm lagging behind.

Her playing is lovely, but her actual technique is not good, with her actual hand below the piano keys!

I'm pleased that there is also the Rite of Spring too. Great piece. I like the Stravinsky pieces played on the piano too. I have recordings by Charles Owen, and his Russian girlfriend, Katya A, which are brilliant.

OP Rog Wilko 15 Jan 2023
In reply to veteye:

I’m not all that familiar with The Rite. I went to a performance of the ballet in Newcastle a few years ago. Hearing the concert suite played by the full (and excellent) orchestra was much more impressive, even without the dancers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...