UKC

Recommend sport autobiography

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cowflinger 31 May 2012
Looking for recommendation fora sports autobiography for my 13 yr old daughter. Something that is an easy read, inspiring but also gives an insight into the amount of effort to acheive top level of a sport. Could be from actual sports person or coach.
 Neilm 31 May 2012
In reply to Cowflinger:

John McEnroe's book is a great read but perhaps has a few too many 'adult' themes for a 13 yr old.

Richard Moore's book 'Heroes, Villains and Velodromes: Chris Hoy and Britain's Track Cycling Revolution' gives a real insight into what it took for the GB track team to become world beaters.
In reply to Cowflinger: I quite enjoyed Andre Agassi's book. Definitely shows how hard he works in his early years
 Blue Straggler 01 Jun 2012
In reply to Cowflinger:

I haven't read it but I flicked through it when considering it as a present for a friend and it looked to fit your criteria (I did buy it for that friend and she loved it!)

Swimming to Antarctica by Lynne Cox.
OP Cowflinger 01 Jun 2012
Okay. Might get the Mcenroe and Richard Moore book, but read the Mcenroe book first. When you say adult im assuming its his language and he's not giving Tiger Woods a run for his money. If so i wont be to bothered by bad language.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...