UKC

The games climbers play

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Not the fabulous book. Computer games. 

What's everyone playing just now? 

Bought Star Wars Squadrons last week and just finished the campaign.  Would have preferred a few more missions but the emphasis seems to be on multiplayer and this is reflected in the low price. Takes me nicely back to the early 90s classics of X-Wing, Tie fighter and Wing Commander and this is just as much fun and not too hard even if I now have the reaction time of a sloth. Exceptionally satisfying bringing down the immensely huge star destroyers. 8/10

deacondeacon 24 Oct 2020
In reply to becauseitsthere:

Just completed the remastered Tony Hawk game today. 🙂 I'm going sell the xbox & ps4 on ebay this week and put the money towards a new console (probably ps5) next month. 

In reply to deacondeacon:

A ps4 and an xbox. You're either single or have a great partner. 😀 

A good time to sell the old consoles before the prices fall off a cliff. It'll be PS5 here. Fifa training will resume for the annual family Xmas tournament. Got to beat that cheating little git that is my 12yo nephew. 

Niall_H 24 Oct 2020

I'm still enjoying _Horizon Zero Dawn_ , just for the scenery   and some IF on the Switch (_Travel Stories_)

Post edited at 23:11
 Clarence 24 Oct 2020

I bought a sub to PSNow during furlough so I am playing a load of stuff I missed out on first time like Fallout New Vegas and the Sniper Elite series. I am also enjoying replaying stuff I no longer have such as Oblivion and Saints Row 2.

> Exceptionally satisfying bringing down the immensely huge star destroyers. 8/10

It brought down my machine!

Bought Squadrons after your review, spent all night watching it download plus a further age sitting through the various intro screens and clips. Finally 12ish hours later as the game starts to kick in I get an Error 721 followed by a black unresponsive screen - had to do a hard reboot then put the whole experience down to some kind of residual mid life crisis 0/10

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it going. Errors like that led me to move to console gaming.  The continued pc upgrade costs were too high to justify the few hours a week that I got to play.  I still miss some games. The new ms flight sim looks fantastic but really needs a 2k rig to run well. 

No worries! I'm going to try and get a refund - I'm not sure if I'll get one as my laptop isn't up to spec - there's probably nothing wrong with the product. Sorry you ended up at the wrong end of my early morning rant!

Grand Theft Auto.

I played early ones but skipped GTA V when it came out but bought it during lockdown and have effectively been living in San Andreas several hours a day ever since.  My character just bought a yacht from their ill gotten gains.

kolkrabe 25 Oct 2020

I picked up one of my Skyrim saves the other week when I had to go into isolation due to catching Covid, it's such a good game even now!

BattyMilk 25 Oct 2020

Bought an oculus quest 2 last week. Best 300 quid I’ve spent in a while. It’s an amazing experience. I had big plans for lots of different games inc “the climb” but instead just spend hours a night playing VR poker for play money. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...