UKC

The Truth About Exercise. Horizon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 adstapleton 30 Jan 2013
Anyone see it?

One of the more interesting Horizons that actually managed to answer some of the questions posed during the show.

Now, how to adapt climbing to this HIT methodology....
 bouldery bits 30 Jan 2013
In reply to adstapleton:

Bouldering.
OP adstapleton 31 Jan 2013
In reply to bouldery bits:

You think?

Looking at the intense aerobic exercise needed to fulfil the HIT requirment, you'd have to be a bit quick to cite bouldering as a viable climbing exercise. I suppose it could be done though.
 Wainers44 31 Jan 2013
In reply to adstapleton: Interesting programme and the research on whether you are likely to benefit or not from exercise (well the HIT method anyway) could be a great excuse not to bother!

So using HIT in climbing, well hmmm its all about intensity. How about hanging on smallish holds with sacks of potatoes tied to your legs for 20secs. Might not work, but you would probably get taller...
 1poundSOCKS 31 Jan 2013
In reply to adstapleton: I didn't pay that much attention, but it seemed to more about aerobic fitness, so I'm not sure it's all that applicable to climbing.
In reply to adstapleton: Hardly news, but interesting that there's some evidence behind things. After all, staying on your feet and moving around more is a common-sense way to keep a little fitter, and brief bursts of intense activity was, if I remember correctly, what the amusingly named fartlek training was about, albeit as part of a wider training programme.

T.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...