UKC

The Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 full stottie 19 Jan 2022

Just watched The Wall and thought it was an excellent film. Inspiring and perceptive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wall-Climb-Gold-Shauna-Coxsey/dp/B09NLDC425

matt1984 20 Jan 2022
In reply to full stottie:

Yeah I watched it last night too, I watched pretty much the whole of the Olypmic climbing in full while I "worked from home" all day so it was interesting to see how 4 of them got there.

I thought that even following 4 climbers in 90mins there was still enough space and time you got to know them a bit. All 4 of them had compelling stories, though it could have done with another 30mins of licensed footage from the Olympics as it was a really exciting event to follow in real time.

Shame it's been absolutely buried by Amazon Prime's appalling user interface and algorithm. It was on the 4th page of results when searching for "the wall".

First result when searching for The Wall on prime:

The Wall

A psychological thriller that follows two  soldiers pinned down by an Iraqi sniper with nothing but a crumbling wall between them.

Sounds great.

Ridge 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Boris's Johnson:

> First result when searching for The Wall on prime:

> The Wall

> A psychological thriller that follows two  soldiers pinned down by an Iraqi sniper with nothing but a crumbling wall between them.

> Sounds great.

It might be. 'Kajaki' was 'squaddies keep getting themselves blown up', but I thought it was s good film.

toad 21 Jan 2022

Boo. I was expecting a Pink Floyd thread 

matt1984 25 Jan 2022

Nearly a week later and only 1 serious replies to this thread.

Bit depressing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...