UKC

A few thoughts on Sicily

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 13 Mar 2013
 Heike 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Not to mention all the other areas were you could climb near there and the great food! Oh, but we had very bumpy seas when we were there as well! Very windy and that was Easter.
 Andy Say 13 Mar 2013
I'll second that having spent a week out there a few years back. Some good bigger routes the other side of town as well.
 scott titt 18 Mar 2013
Thanks very much Chris
Scott
 Rog Wilko 19 Mar 2013
>
>
> the routes of all grades tend to be steep

You got me interested there Chris until the phrase above!
 Rog Wilko 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko: ... but then you did find a lot of 4s and 5s. Is this the next Rockfax effort?
 David Coley 19 Mar 2013

Another vote for the Titt brothers, great effort.
 jimtitt 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:
Chris would never keep up!
Hary Röker (the Gebro guide author" was also there last week to check out the new routes, there´s about 50 not in the current Sicily Rock guide.
The UKC logbook count isn´t up to date. From the 2012 guide it is:-

2-3 12routes
4a 5
4b 9
4c 9
5a 15
5b 32
5c 38
6a 121
6b 109
6c 77

plus whatever of the new routes fits in these grades.

We´ll probably bolt another 25 or so over Easter though the easier routes take a hell of a lot of cleaning!
 Simon Caldwell 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:
A brief write up of our 2010 trip, with links to loads of photos
http://yorkalpineclub.org.uk/blogs/?p=1839
andyathome 19 Mar 2013
For some of the routes a quick look at some of the more esoteric lower-offs, and how to thread them, produced by Mr Titt might not go amiss - I had some head scratching at the top of a couple of routes!
 Rog Wilko 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Toreador: Thanks. Enjoyed reading. May come back to you for more nuts and bolts info in the future.
Rog
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 21 Mar 2013
In reply to andyathome:
> (In reply to Chris Craggs)
> For some of the routes a quick look at some of the more esoteric lower-offs, and how to thread them, produced by Mr Titt might not go amiss - I had some head scratching at the top of a couple of routes!

Yes - they could deffo do with one in the campsite to practice on!

Chris
 psborland 26 Mar 2013
In reply to all : We will be there in a couple of weeks for the first time. Any particular restaurant / eatery recommendations ? thanks.
 fatbuoybazza 26 Mar 2013
In reply to psborland: Try either Sapori Di Sicilia or Ristorante Syrah,
(I can't remember which one it was!), we bumped into Scott and Jim in there one evening after they'd recommended the place to one of our group, hopefully Jim or Scott can confirm which restaurant it is/was!, both eateries are right next door to each other at the bottom of Via Faro. google maps will show you the way..
 psborland 28 Mar 2013
In reply to fatbuoybazza: Cheers Bazza !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...