UKC

Accomodation in Languedoc-Roussillon region

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gw 11 Feb 2013
Flying to Nice in Early April to do some climbing with a mate. Any suggestions for accomodation or the best place to base yourself whilist out there.

Thanks,

Graham
 Enty 11 Feb 2013
In reply to gw:

How far from Nice are you prepared to travel?

E
altirando 12 Feb 2013
In reply to gw: The Languedoc is a very long way from Nice - where are you actually thinking of climbing?
gw 12 Feb 2013
In reply to altirando: I was thinking about the Avignon area, I'm told it's about 2 hours drive from Nice. Have you any suggestions in that area, or nearer Nice?

Thanks,

Graham
 Enty 12 Feb 2013
In reply to gw:

Crags closest to Avignon are old school and a bit crap - Cavaillon, Orgon, Mouriers. (Buoux not included in the crap crags

Head north east from Avignon to Buis les Baronnies for St Julien, St Leger, Malaucene and the Dentelles - there's also a new Drome guidebook with a few new crags in there - Rocher des Aures and St Ferreol. Total drive from Nices to Buis is about 3h30m

Other than that stick around the crags near Nice - La Turbie and Peillon.

E

gw 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty: Sounds good, any suggestions where we could stay?

Thanks,

G
 Enty 12 Feb 2013
In reply to gw:

For La Turbie, Cap d'Ail and Peillon the hostel Villa Thalassa is supposed to be good although I've never been.

We have a small gite which sleeps 2/3 less than 20/30 minutes from all the crags in the Buis area but it's only available from the 13th of April.

Have a look on Climbapedia: http://www.climbapedia.com/en/plan/

E
gw 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty: Thank you. Unfortunately we are going from the 6th-13th April. The website looks interesting.

Graham
 tjekel 17 Feb 2013
In reply to gw: there's also good and cheap gites in gorbio - one nice climbing area in walking distance la turbie & peillon some 15-20' by car ...
gw 25 Feb 2013
In reply to tjekel: Thanks, didn't even consider before heading there. I assumed we would have to head west for the best climbing. Looks to be some good stuff round there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...