UKC

Amazing rock formations.anyone know location?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sdgreen 05 Jun 2020

Saw this photo on Windows login screen. Does anyone know where these rocks are? They look amazing . There are multiple similar looking formations on the original image.

In reply to sdgreen:

I'd imagine they are in somewhere like Utah or Arizona. Plenty similar round Delicate Arch.

jcm

RX-78 05 Jun 2020
In reply to sdgreen:

Usually there is an area on the screen where you click so that when you log in the web browser opens on a link concerning the picture.

ctranter 05 Jun 2020
In reply to sdgreen:

Rock formation at Devil's Garden, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Utah, USA

From first Google result

OP sdgreen 06 Jun 2020
In reply to RX-78:

It usually does (not always) but for this image -the one I really wanted to know- it didn't.

OP sdgreen 06 Jun 2020
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Thanks I'll look it up

OP sdgreen 06 Jun 2020
In reply to ctranter:

Thanks, I'll look in UKC. They're just beckoning for someone to climb them.

Post edited at 02:13
 profitofdoom 06 Jun 2020
In reply to sdgreen:

> Thanks, I'll look in UKC. They're just beckoning for someone to climb them.

A lot of desert climbs look amazing, what a place to climb. I like the look of Shiprock, what a pinnacle/ mountain, though loose and rather 'exciting' - and now closed apparently, as it's on Navajo land and they give good reasons for not wanting people near it

In reply to profitofdoom:

I've walked right up to Shiprock and it's the grimmest, most foreboding, repulsive-looking piece of dark rock I have ever seen. Spooky, how it spooked me out!

EddieA 07 Jun 2020
In reply to sdgreen:

> Thanks, I'll look in UKC. They're just beckoning for someone to climb them.

Better go as soon as you can:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/06/trump-utah-national-par...

Not that I'd strongly recommend the US as a holiday destination at the moment.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...