UKC

Any climbing shops wye valley?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 07 Aug 2021

Due to rubbish weather in scotland looks like I'm unexpectedly heading south, does anyone know where I can buy a guidebook (south west climbs vol 1) around the wye valley area or somewhere in south Wales?  I'd rather not drive into Bristol if I don't have to

spenser 07 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

Up and Under in Cardiff will probably have one? 

OP ebdon 07 Aug 2021
In reply to spenser:

Cheers, don't know why I didn't think of that. Bloomin book is out if stock though! 

Alkis 07 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

Poke the Pylon King, he will probably the able to fix you up with one.

In reply to ebdon:

There is or was some down-loadable topos for limited crags in the Wye Vally on the cc website.

OP ebdon 07 Aug 2021
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Thanks, that's really helpful.

In reply to ebdon:

Not sure exactly where you're planning on heading, but if you go a little further west, this becomes useful https://swcw.org.uk/wiki/Main_Page

Obviously ideally you'd manage to get hold of a book somehow but if you can't, between the lwvpds and swcw and UKC and other folk at the crag you should be able to find enough for a decent trip.

Steve5543 07 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

We bought a cc guide from the boat hire place at Symonds yat a few years ago.

whenry 08 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

The Warehouse in Gloucester will probably have some copies of the local guides.

The Pylon King 08 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

Which book are you after?

OP ebdon 09 Aug 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

Thanks, I was just looking for the select CC one really as I will only be around for 1 or 2 days later this week on the way back from pembroke. Those CC photo topo links should get me by, unless you can recommend some must do single pitch E2/E3!

Cake 09 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

If you're on the way back from Pembroke and you can get the guide in Cardiff, I'd highly recommend Exposure Explosion (HVS 5a).

I did it two weeks ago and it was incredible. 2nd needs to be as confident as the leader.

OP ebdon 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Cake:

I think (actually I'm pretty damm sure) that would end in divorce!

Cake 11 Aug 2021
In reply to ebdon:

Yes, I could believe it. I pulled a hold off on second and fell a few metres, but in one of the few places where it was easy to climb back up. 

That may not be too your other half's taste!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...