UKC

Arco: Crags within 1hr worth climbing at (6b-7b)?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SFrancis 21 Mar 2018

Waying up options as we have been invited to stay in Arco in early May looking for predominantly single pitch sport climbing. We had planned to head to south of France but GFs family want us to join them in Arco. The GF has done a lattice test, and has been training a fair bit and is very keen at the moment, and she wants to make the most of it. So trying to find some more info before fully committing.

I have read various other threads on here including this one: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/destinations/arco_information-677928.

Already have accommodation so I am just looking for recommendations / info on the climbing.

Ideally, the GF wants routes of around 6a-7a and I want routes of  6c-7c, the sweet spot would be 6b-7b. We don't really like slabby climbs, and the GF is not keen on multi-pitch. We would have a car and would be happy driving up to 1hr away.

Can anyone point us towards any suitable newish / un-trashed crags? This has been recommended La Gola. Or should we make our excuses and go to south of France.

Cheers for any responses.

Alex Riley 21 Mar 2018
In reply to SFrancis:

La Gola is nice, we were recommended a crag called Val d'algone by some locals. Nice crag by a river with lots of routes in that grade band.

OP SFrancis 22 Mar 2018
In reply to Alex Riley:

Cheers.

You didn't go to the crags near Revereto by any chance? They don't all seem to be on ukc and from the online topos i've seen they look good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...