UKC

Ardeche gorge climbing areas/dws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 trystan 06 Jun 2022

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has any useful dws info for the ardeche gorge? And good crags?

I haven't visited the area in years but think I can remember a few potential spots, obviously pont d arc! 

But if any has some well know dws spots it would be great to find out some more info/topos etc....

I'll be in the area for the next few weeks and keen for a little climbing! 

ebdon 06 Jun 2022
In reply to trystan:

I remember a fun wall with some traversing on the river opposite the campsite (the smaller one, cant remember the name). I also did tonnes of deep water bouldering style stuff all along the river, however this was all accessed from a canoe so I couldn't really pinpoint where.

So sorry not much help but if you get a canoe/SUP whatever theres tonnes to go at if you keep your eyes peeled. We had an inflatable and either did bike drops, got buses or were clever with big meanders with short walks between river access points to get about.

Edit: I've added some photos, the first is at the campsite the 2nd is a little upstream from it. there was also some awesome stuff in the main gorge itself (of a similar short nature). the main hazard is not landing on other people in canoes.

Post edited at 12:07

OP trystan 06 Jun 2022
In reply to ebdon:

Hey man,

Thanks for the pics.....they look like great spots! Hopefully I can find them, which campsite are you talking about......I'm guessing it's one of the bivouacs?  I will have a kayak so access/exploring should be easy enough and have some knowledge of the gorge. Will be keeping my eyes peeled

I was thinking that the main hazard would be landing on an unsuspecting drunken canoeist!

ebdon 06 Jun 2022
In reply to trystan:

I think from my poor memory the campsite with that crag was Camping Les Actinidias, the other spot was somewhere near there, so neither in the gorge proper.

Fruit 07 Jun 2022
In reply to ebdon:

Looks like the wall just downstream of the Mazet plage bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...