UKC

Are campsites in Wales allowed to open on Monday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 14 May 2021

I've tried looking online because I was expecting to hear it confirmed on the 13th (yesterday) whether campsites in Wales (with shared facilities) could re-open on the 17th (Monday). But all I can see from quite a bit of searching is that you're allowed to have a pint indoors again now...

None of the campsites I've looked at have updated their websites... 

Does anyone know what the situation is?

Thanks

Plasynant 14 May 2021
In reply to elliot.baker:

Hi Elliot,

I live right over the road from two campsites and there is no sign of them opening anytime soon. Not sure when Drakeford is making his next announcement which will probably include campsites. 

hope this helps,

pyn

GrahamD 14 May 2021

Obviously, just because they are allowed to open doesn't mean they will.  I suspect a few owners are going to look at behaviours on the open sites to see whether they want any part of it before opening. 

dread-i 14 May 2021

The ones I've talked to are open for vans and caravans, not tents. No showers or toilet blocks are available, as they expect the caravans to have them anyway.

I'm waiting for any announcements on Monday.

robhorton 14 May 2021

The announcement this morning includes "All holiday accommodation can re-open fully" which I would take to include campsites.

https://gov.wales/wales-moves-alert-level-2

OP elliot.baker 14 May 2021
In reply to robhorton:

ah ok that's it then - they can open now* if they want.

Good to know cheers.

*edit "open now, on Monday," I mean.

Post edited at 09:49
 Elfyn Jones 14 May 2021

The official announcement from Welsh Government is due later today but all the indications are that campsites with shared facilities in Wales will be permitted to open from Monday if they wish to. 

Also that up to 50 people can meet outside to take part in organised sports activities, although the current limit of 30 should be sufficient for most clubs meets, but this increase may be enough to allow activities such as organised fell races to start again.

I'll update the BMC webarticle on this as soon as furlough arrangements allow me to-hopefully for the last time! 

https://thebmc.co.uk/wales-lockdown-easing

Elfyn Jones

BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales). 

Post edited at 10:11
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

> The official announcement from Welsh Government is due later today but all the indications are that campsites with shared facilities in Wales will be permitted to open from Monday if they wish to. 

> Also that up to 50 people can meet outside to take part in organised sports activities, although the current limit of 30 should be sufficient for most clubs meets, but this increase may be enough to allow activities such as organised fell races to start again.

> I'll update the BMC webarticle on this as soon as furlough arrangements allow me to-hopefully for the last time! 

> Elfyn Jones

> BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales). 

What about Club Huts? 

Are these 'holiday accomadation'?

In reply to Elfyn Jones:

> The official announcement from Welsh Government is due later today but all the indications are that campsites with shared facilities in Wales will be permitted to open from Monday if they wish to. 

> Also that up to 50 people can meet outside to take part in organised sports activities, although the current limit of 30 should be sufficient for most clubs meets, but this increase may be enough to allow activities such as organised fell races to start again.

> I'll update the BMC webarticle on this as soon as furlough arrangements allow me to-hopefully for the last time! 

> Elfyn Jones

> BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales). 

What about Club Huts? 

Are these 'holiday accomadation'?

Elfyn Jones 14 May 2021
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Simple answer for now, as I'm not currently in work, is I dont know but my colleague Jane Thompson who covers clubs and huts for the BMC will be updating the Clubs information article as soon as we get that announcement. There is a hint from Drakeford's interviews this morning that the easing of some regulations might be delayed due to concerns about the so-called Indian Variant. 

Barmatt 14 May 2021

Yes campsites should now be open, or at least the one we booked into in Snowdonia was happy to take our booking for a van and a tent this weekend in any case.  We've had to cancel because a work trip to Scotland has now come up but that's a different issue.  Others have been willing to accept you if you just turn up and are polite as we found out the other week.  This is not official though, just a quiet campsite with some very understanding owners. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...